Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Imperial

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
    Would there happen to be anyone traveling south from Northern, Western, or Central Minnesota on their way to the VPW Rally in Iowa in June?

I have a chance to buy a chainsaw, and before I do, I am looking for someone who could possibly pick it up and bring to the Rally, or hold onto until other arrangements are made.

The saw is in Kerkhoven which is on Route 12 about 100 miles due West of Minneapolis. Routes 23 and 71 are a few miles East of Kerkhoven. The saw is a large 2-man saw with 1-inch diameter by 20-foot long hydraulic hoses and a hydraulic pump. Some fluid leakage may be expected and a car trunk will probably not be big enough unless you are driving a 30 year old Chrysler Imperial.

Thanks, Clint
    The only Imperial I ever owned was a 1975. To date still the largest and heaviest vehicle I have ever owned, tipping the scale at 5050 lbs empty.
    Attached Files

Imperials always offered the largest, and ONLY the largest, engine for whatever model year the vehicle was. At least from WWII til it died in mid 70's. The early 80's Imperial was a gussied up Cordoba I think.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
      The only Imperial I ever owned was a 1975. To date still the largest and heaviest vehicle I have ever owned, tipping the scale at 5050 lbs empty.
      Wow..... that was a heavy car.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Bigger?

Was the Imperial bigger than the Buick Electra 225? Growing up my neighbors had one it was a land yacht. Pile everybody in the trunk to sneak into the Drive In Theater.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
          Was the Imperial bigger than the Buick Electra 225? Growing up my neighbors had one it was a land yacht. Pile everybody in the trunk to sneak into the Drive In Theater.
          Not sure if the Imperial was bigger than the Buick, but my uncle had 3 of those Buicks in the late 60's-early 70's, and I thought they rode like crap, rode in an Imperial only once. I would buy one now if I had a place to store it-they are more than 20 feet long bumper-to-bumper
          Tom

Comment

If you thought they rode bad

You should try riding in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
              ...The early 80's Imperial was a gussied up Cordoba I think.

Bucky
              Actually I think it was a K car.

As for trunk space, it could hold 5 full size spares, flat on the floor with out stacking them.

Comment

Big trunks

I don't think I could have fit five spare tires in this '58 New Yorker I had for awhile, but the trunk was nothing to sneeze at!
                DavidGB
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGB View Post
                  I don't think I could have fit five spare tires in this '58 New Yorker I had for awhile, but the trunk was nothing to sneeze at!
                  DavidGB
                  Probably, I had 5 in the trunk of my Desoto and it's basically the same vehicle. They couldn't lay flat though. Did put a full size bike back there without removing anything and still closed the lid.

Comment

Long Live Mopar

Gotta love those Desotos! Just imagine if Desoto had produced a version of the Power Wagon.
                    DavidGB

Comment

They did.

Both Fargo and Desoto badges were used on exported vehicles from the Dodge assembly line. W500 DeSoto fire truck sent to me by Mikko Lammi in Finland.

Comment

Desoto truck

I never knew. Fascinating.
                        DavidGB

Comment

Desoto Power Wagon

I actually owned a Desoto Power Wagon WM300 back in the 80's. I bought it here in central Pa. from a drilling co. It had a Desoto badge above the grill, a padded dash, washers and unusual writing on the door tags which I couldn't read. Truck went to British Columbia.

Comment

Working...
                          X