It's hot today II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hot today II

I must have read Gordon's thread entitled "It's hot today" a few hours after he had started it. The wheather had been beautiful over here: light wind, blue sky, 24 °C. Or maybe was it a little warmer, as at one point, about mid-day, I noticed I was sweating a bit under my suit. But my mind was on other matters. Now that I think of it, some of the other people around me were certainly slightly over dressed for the wheather, but they didn't seem to care either. Their mind was also on other matters.

I thaught about chiming in with the thread. It made me forget what the day had been all about for me and a handful of people. Or was it more than a handful of people, more like a few hundred, all brought very close one another by the circumstances.

Gordon's thread took my mind off the day's events, if only for a few moments. It quickly centered on subjects that attract me to this site: shops, tractors, dogs, etc... With a good dose of humour. Although Wednesday had been my second day off this week, there had been no time for tinkering in the garage, preparing next winter's firewood or cleaning up of my last acquisition, what I call my Dodge truck but what informed parties would simply label an M37 parts truck. I other words, the stuff this site is about. On the opposite, the day served another purpose. So I didn't join the thread. I would have "spoiled" the fun. Instead, I started a version II, while giving credit to it's author.

On that beautiful day we had over here, family and friends took my wife's niece to one of her last destinations, the 32 year old constable having been struck down by a very aggressive cancer. And so to her I say farewell.
    Attached Files

We wish her well. Thank you for sharing your experience.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I haven't been here for awhile and just saw this, sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing your thoughts, I wish you well
      Tom

Comment

Thanks Gordon, thanks Tom. Daniel

Comment

Working...
        X