My first Chrysler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Chrysler

After driving Chrysler product vehicles for the past 38 years, I have purchased my first Chrysler.
    I had this more or less dropped in my lap, and since I have been looking for a nice vehicle to have and enjoy, I decided to buy it.
    It's a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited. A one owner vehicle with less than 25,000 miles on it. It was owned by an older man who passed away in May, and since nobody in his family wanted it, it was offered to me. after seeing this van and driving it and discussing price, a deal was struck, and I will be getting it Friday.

While this is not what I was really looking for (it has almost every option offered on it) I have never owned anything that is so nicely equipped as this van is, nor in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought it to be possible to have a vehicle as nice as this one is. I consider it to be a once in a lifetime opportunity that I was completely unable to pass up.
    I always thought that Chryslers were for "rich people" which I never have been or ever hope to be!

I always bought Dodge cars and trucks until last year when I bought my first Plymouth, simply because Dodge offered more vehicle for the money. I found out some years back that I don't like driving vehicles made by anybody other than by Chrysler.

This is the reason I did not attend the PWA rally in June. I knew that if I did, I would not be able to afford to buy the van as well. I felt badly about making all the plans to attend the rally, and then not showing up, and while I was dissapointed about missing the rally, the situation being what it was, until I "got the van" I did not feel able to explain why I wasn't coming to the rally until it became a reality, just in the event the deal fell through.

Since I was divorced a few years ago, I have lived alone, and I found that I had to completely change the way I live, and that it was most likely a permanent change, since I had to start over just like I did when I left my mother and dad's house at age 21 with almost nothing, and I didn't feel like I wanted to put myself in a situation, that this could possibly repeat itself, everything that happened physically and emotionally during the time of the divorce and the time following it were the most difficult of any period in my life.

Add to all this, that I am now making less money after taxes than I did before the divorce, it creates a living situation that is very trying at times.
    I am not complaining, nor am I looking for sympathy, I am putting this out so that you , who I consider to be my friends, will be able to understand why things happened as they did. I can only hope that I will be able to attend the rally next year. I would like to thank everyone in advance for understanding. This place and all the people who inhabit it are very special to me!
    Tom

Tom, I'm glad it all worked out for you. Don't worry there will be plenty of rallies to attend. Sometimes it's best to jump on a deal that will be better for you in the long run as opposed to going to something that always comes around. When I bought my first Chrysler, a preowned 1996 LHS I thought I was on top of the world. I too had only bought Dodge cars and trucks. Now I had a Chrysler. It was loaded as well and had the most comfortable seats I'd ever had in a car. The ride was great, not mushy for a big car but responsive. The 3.5 L got much better gas mileage than the PT Cruiser that is the wife's car now. I miss the LHS and have been looking for a another. Enjoy the new ride and all that goes with it. We'll do the rally next year.

Comment

Tom, you have nothing to apologize for. Many of us have had some real difficult times in recent years. I was unemployed for a year and now am underemployed, though grateful to be employed in a job I really enjoy. All that is why I could not get a truck ready for this really great Fairfield rally this year. I felt very bad about that, but we do what we have to.

There will be, as Ron says, other rallies. Just hang in there and take care of yourself. In the meantime, you can hang around here and have a good time....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Tom, I can't speak on the subject of divorce other than what I've observed.
        But never say never, your perspective may change in time or perhaps not.
        We bought a Chrysler Pacifica in 2008 and it has been a wonderful car. I'm not sure if the T&C is the same but they have a lot of similarites. Even for a big doofus like me the car is fairly easy to get in and out of although it doesn't fit in a compact space. Of course, if my wife keeps breaking her foot every six months we can just use the disabled parking spaces. Which by the way are in abundant supply around here. As are the little blue placards that allow people to use them . People I might add who demonstrate no physical infirmity when hopping out of their SUV and trotting into the cellphone store.
        You would think if they were scamming the system, they would at least have the decency to fake a limp for the benefit of onlookers.

Comment

Congratulations on your new acquisition, Tom - But I want pics!

Any pics of your new acquisition, Tom? I also agree with you when you say Dodge offers more for the money.

Bob: A few years back, I was pushing my daughter-in-law's wheel chair on our way back to my car, in the school's parking lot. The car was parked way in the back. A young man, probably not even 20 years old, was walking ahead of us. He started faking a limp after he noticed the two of us behind him. That was before he jumped in his Avalanche, parked in one of the only two disabled parking spots. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by 318cu.in. View Post
            Any pics of your new acquisition, Tom? I also agree with you when you say Dodge offers more for the money.

Bob: A few years back, I was pushing my daughter-in-law's wheel chair on our way back to my car, in the school's parking lot. The car was parked way in the back. A young man, probably not even 20 years old, was walking ahead of us. He started faking a limp after he noticed the two of us behind him. That was before he jumped in his Avalanche, parked in one of the only two disabled parking spots. Hmmm...
            When I would cite people for either parking without a placard or misusing a placard, they always wanted to know if I didn't have something better to do.
            My standard reply was no, you have my undivided attention. Now how did you come to aquire a parking placard? An unbelievable number of them are issued to grandmothers who don't drive and wouldn't be caught dead in "Hoopty" they are attached to. A lot of people have told me that Gramma just went into the Rexall . I tell them I'll be happy to wait and by the way , Why aren't you in there helping her? Oddly enough Gramma never appears, They usually come clean when you suggest going in to look for her. A vast number of people don't know the name of the person to whom the placard was issued.

As for your Avalanche driver, at least he had the good form to be ashamed of his actions. At least I hope that was his reason for faking injury.
            But that's me, Mr. Optimistic.....

Comment

no pics yet, will get some, hopefully over the weekend!

Comment

Working...
              X