URGENT- Prayer Request for Kevin and Janet Mienke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT- Prayer Request for Kevin and Janet Mienke

I'm sorry to report that Kevin has just called me saying they have received news around 7PM today that Janet's nephew was found murdered this afternoon. They will be traveling back to Iowa leaving early tomorrow morning. Please be in prayer for the family during this time of grief and for traveling mercy for Kevin, Janet, Colton, and all the family members who will be making this unexpected trip back home.

That is absolutely tragic. Thanks for letting us know Charles. They are in our prayers.

Comment

I knew Kevin had lots of friends here on the forum who would appreciate knowing. He was here helping us make preparations today to install a new updated paint booth, and had planned to be here the rest of this week. I just hate the day ended with this news; indeed it is tragic.

Comment

Urgent Prayer Request for Kevin and Janet Mienke

I pray God will give them comfort they are in our prayers. Rick Walker.

Comment

So sorry to hear this news. Prayers and thoughts go out to the families. Safe travels Kevin.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of such a tragedy.
            I am sure the whole family is struggling with the grief as well as why it happened.
            I will remember the family in my prayers.

Comment

My family will have Kevin and his family in our prayers as they make the journey back to Iowa.

Bob Hunt & Family

Comment

I am very sorry to hear of this, Kevin and Janet will be in our thoughts.

Bob Thompson

Comment

Just saw this. I'm so sorry to hear of this. All my thoughts and my prayers will go out to the family. Very saddening, indeed.....

Comment

Thank you all. It’s been an awful long week…a tragic week…a heartbreaking week, and it’s comforting to see a bit of humanity at the end of it. The Back Room has always been a good place to find a bit of humanity.

I can’t remember a time when the clock seemed to move as slowly as it did last week. I felt it not only in the passage of days, but also in the passage of minutes and parts of minutes. It’s not comfortable to find oneself moving ahead so slowly while mourning the loss of a neat young guy like my nephew. The world is a different place without him. At age 20 he was only one year older than Colt. I could fill a bucket with tears thinking about that. He and Colt were good friends.

But the slow movement of time isn’t just about pain and loss. It’s about coming to terms with a senseless death too. It’s about finding hope in the darkest hours and in the darkest places. Sometimes it takes us a while, so I imagine the clock has to slow down a bit and let us catch up…let us sort things out.

And so it was, for what seemed like an endless stretch of days, but eventually we got our hearts in tune and sorted things out as best we could. There is still pain, and there will for a long time, but we have peace too.

Nick’s passing to the other side of eternity comes at a time when the holiday season is upon us and the words to "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" are stuck in our heads, which makes us hopeful that this holiday season will be just what it’s supposed to be. We hope to laugh. We hope to cry. We hope to love. We want to have tears well up in our eyes for the loved ones who we miss, and we want to rejoice in the loved ones who we still have. And if we can do all of that we will have the holiday season just the way it’s supposed to be… with a bit of humanity. I don’t want anything more than that.

I thank y’all again from the bottom of my heart and wish the very best for you and yours.

Comment

Just saw this myself, tragic, truly tragic. So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Lose yourself in the things found in every day. Cocoa with your young bride and a conversation with your dog.

Watch the moon a bit.
                        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I just saw thistragic news, and I am very sorry for your tragic loss.
                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X