Changes in Power Wagon Advertiser magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in Power Wagon Advertiser magazine

Did anyone else notice the change that took place in the October and November issues of the Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine? The cover color changed from the long-standing kaki to a desert tan for those two months. Now it has changed back to kaki.

That's pretty subtle and sneaky Gordon! What can we expect next? Let me guess - early olive drab with blue lettering? No, second generation Navy grey. I got it - Airforce blue.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes and for the continual great offering of articles, insight, and items for sale!

Clint

The December issue is not exactly the same color as the older issue, but much closer than the Oct & Nov. Issue. I suspect the printer changed material suppliers, or the supplier has has a wide tolerance in it's color specification.

Will
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Oh, Yaaahhh....

You guys have waaaayyyy tooo much time on your hands.... time to start a nice project truck...write an article?...LOL..!!!

I read the articles and filed it on the shelf.
      DrPepper

Comment

I am pleased to have gotten back to the correct paper. There was a supplier problem as the manufacturer of the original paper discontinued certain paper lines. I was afraid it would not be available again, but my printer found a way to get to an equivalent.

Thanks for noticing! I was a bit worried some folks would be upset about it, and am very glad it is back where is should be.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          I am pleased to have gotten back to the correct paper. There was a supplier problem as the manufacturer of the original paper discontinued certain paper lines. I was afraid it would not be available again, but my printer found a way to get to an equivalent.

Thanks for noticing! I was a bit worried some folks would be upset about it, and am very glad it is back where is should be.
          If I were to order a back issue for October or November, any chance that some were printed in the old Kaki before the discontinued paper got used up? Or, any chance some of the December issues got printed on the substitute desert tan and got held back for back issues? Just thinking...... ;^)

You are not going to issue a factory recall on those two issues I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
            If I were to order a back issue for October or November, any chance that some were printed in the old Kaki before the discontinued paper got used up? Or, any chance some of the December issues got printed on the substitute desert tan and got held back for back issues? Just thinking...... ;^)

The two issues that have the wrong cover paper were done in their entirety in that paper. It was not a situation where the remaining quantity of the old paper was run first.

No, there will be no recall. You can look upon them as unique....
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post

Clint, We're going to have to add an "O" to your initials if you keep on like this. ;^)

Comment

Working...
              X