Neat old book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat old book

im02crazy steered me on to this. It's fascinating. At 900 pages it is a big download, but really neat.

http://www.clpdigital.org/jspui/handle/10493/668

[scroll down to see the link when you get there....]
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Given how small the market was then, it's amazing how many brands there were.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Very good reading material, Gordon

Now, I have to convince wify I have a very large document to read for work related purposes...

A very good cross-section of the industry and of it's origins. Plenty of names that ring a bell, although I would only be born 37 years after this publication came out. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Gordon (and to im02crazy for steering you towards it).

Comment

Wow!!! That is simply awesome. The worrisome part though, is that all of those companies that were once in New York, Ohio,Pa, and Massachusetts are now in China..... We don't build anything anymore.... Our low wage workers are all from India and all work at 7-11...

Wayne

Comment

What really gets me is when nowadays one has some problem with their computer or satellite T.V., whatever and you need technical assistance.
            YOu call and get someone who is often very difficult to understand because they are a native of India, and they're in a call center in India.
            That is another thing about Apple that I really like. You get a person on the phone when you call that lives in the U.S. Language is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X