saying so long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saying so long

I find it somewhat difficult to write this post, but due to many reasons, I will no longer be posting here on this forum. I have completely lost interest in the old car and truck hobby would be the main reason but there are a couple of things that I will not mention simply because bringing them up here will serve no useful purpose. Simply put since I can't say something nice regarding the 2 things bothering me, I will say nothing at all.

I have also pretty much lost interest in everything as far as Dodge is concerned. I will also be liquidating my collection of Dodge Brothers historical items that I have collected over the past 20 years. While I would like to find a good home for my 1983 D150 Royal, my guess is that very few people here, if any would be interested in it. Since it is a 2wd truck it really doesn't fit here. I am almost certain that I will probably never drive it again, and it is way too nice to part out as it is a western truck that has no rust through.

Thanks to my employer I am now making less money than I did in 2005, and I am still employed by the same guy and the same company. I have had to drop all of my various old car clubs and the historical society memberships except for 2, and I will not be renewing those, and I have dropped all the subscriptions to the various magazines that I have been subscribed to, and the Power Wagon Advertiser is the last one of those, and I won't be renewing that either. I have also decided that I will not be able to attend any of the rally's that I have been invited to either.

I would like to thank everyone for their help and friendship over the years and would only like to wish all of you nothing but the best in the future.

Tom Labadie
    Michigan City, Indiana

Very sorry to hear this

Tom, I feel badly that you are no longer able or have the desire to enjoy your hobbies. Don't get down over what you're going through. You can still contribute here and other forums trucks or no trucks. I know you've got an extensive collection of the Dodge Brothers and would hate to see you part with years of collecting this material. Wait and take another look at things later down the road. I hope it wasn't anything said or done on this forum that's contributed to your decision. Be well and don't be a stranger we're all in this together my friend.

Comment

Yes, as Ron expresses very well, don't make any hasty decisions. Hang in there and let the rough waves pass. All the best to you during these difficult times.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Tom, I did much the same when I was first diagnosed with cancer. I kind of cut myself off from the world. I stopped renewing periodicals and memberships so my wife wouldn't have to deal with it. I also started selling of trucks and parts, and looking back I wish I hadn't.

I sincerely hope you aren't in the same situation, but if you are, leave your self a lifeline to the outer world. There are a couple guys who have written openly about a dicey future, we are all here and we're pulling for you regardless of the situation.

It is after all, adversity that shows us who our friends are.

Bob Thompson

Comment

P.M.sent to Tom this afternoon

Comment

I appreciate the kind thoughts and posts here.
            There are many things going on in my life now that are not good
            The really tough thing is that I just don't have the enthusiasm for old Dodges that I used to.
            My brother who I have known for all the years of my life is at the end stage of alzheimer's and that adds to the feeling of extreme sadness
            that I have, and can't seem to rid myself of, and the other really tough things is not being able to do "normal stuff" because I am working for a person who does not respect me as well as others working for him to pay a decent wage. The toughest thing is knowing that he doesn't really respect me at all. I do feel that I deserve that much after 18 years there.
            I still think that the guys here are somewhat like me, I firmly believe in plain and simple, no sugar coating of any kind and like my hero Harry Truman saying exactly, and precisely, what I think and how I feel, and those liking it, thats great and those not, well you know what that is too. I know some of you guys don't use profanity, however I find that sometimes it helps get my point across when i need to. My grandad who has been gone 40 years in July once met Harry Truman and made an ashtray that is in the Truman Library, and personally presented it to him, and yes I have seen it and have pics of me holding it, Anyway he said that "sometime the situation at hand requires a good Harry Truman cussing to get it set straight" However to keep the G rating of this forum, I will refrain from doing that here
            Tom

Comment

Tom, I know you're going through tough times right now. We have all faced them at some point in our lives some more than others. I know it's tough to find any good out of what you are facing but there is a reason for it all. Perhaps it is knowing that we as your friends are here for you during the good and especially the bad times. As far as your job situation I know it's hard to find something else in this market at our age. But there is no doubt a place for you where your experience and work ethic will be appreciated. Seek that place out. Make a change even as hard as that might be. I took a leap of faith after being turned down for two jobs I know I was qualified for to now do what I love. I see now why I was turned down. Would I have been happier in the other jobs? Maybe, more than likely probably not. Muster the strength to make a change in your life like you've done before. I've felt as low as you are now trust me. Would you want Mr Truman to see you in this light? We're here for you. Stick around. If you want to cuss in my ear to get it off your chest so be it. You are not alone even if it feels like it. Come to my rally, have some fun and good food. Things are going to get better I have faith in that.

Comment

Wow! I am very sorry to hear about your brother, that is tough when a loved one no longer knows who you are. That's a very sad situation. Your job situation sounds like it sucks too, that's the way it is with many companies though. I totally understand about having a tough time with finances, I've definitely been through that for many years.

It sounds like you are just totally shutting down however, man don't do that! You don't need money to have friends, but you definitely need FRIENDS!

Comment

Really sorry to hear all this Tom, wish things were different for you!

Comment

Tom, there is hope in ALL circumstances. While some refuse to believe that, I have personally put it to the test many times over many years. Never failed yet, no not once. His name is Jesus; he is there for every last one of us all the time. Doesn't matter what you did or said last week, yesterday, or 5 minutes ago. Just sit down and start talking to him, his ear will be right there for you. Let every one else around you think you are nuts if they wish, it will not matter at all what they think. If you need a human ear, you can reach me via the website shown below.

Comment

Hang in there, Tom. Things will get better.
                      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Charles Talbert

Amen to you Charles! I don't try to preach, but, Charles' comments are right on the money. I just had a similar conversation with my wife yesterday regarding my youngest son's mother in law having just been told she is stage 4 cancer. Lord be with you all. Steve K. CALIF

Comment

Tom,
                          Sorry to hear about your brother and your present job situation.
                          As others said.... life can become quite a challenge at times.
                          Don't get overwhelmed. Find someone in your circle of friends
                          or community who you can talk with. Its always a good idea
                          to bounce things off other folks. Don't liquidate your collection
                          of Dodge Brothers memorabilia. Get yourself through the current
                          tough times first.
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X