Activities of spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activities of spring

There should be activities beginning in unheated garages since we are well into spring....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Here its 85,35,85,35 as far as temps.
    Winds make fishing iffy.
    The Eastern half of the US is flooded now. We are dryer than a bone.
    My upcoming wedding is cutting into my PW funds. But I did pick up a new clutch disc from HR Clutch for my W600.
    Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      Here its 85,35,85,35 as far as temps.
      Winds make fishing iffy.
      The Eastern half of the US is flooded now. We are dryer than a bone.
      My upcoming wedding is cutting into my PW funds. But I did pick up a new clutch disc from HR Clutch for my W600.
      Bucky
      Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
        Thank you! Its coming up just before my 45th birthday. Learning something new everyday.
        Bucky

Comment

I skipped church & took advantage of the first windless day in Texas in about a decade to paint the cab of my W600.

It didn't turn out half bad considering the following:

*Wet sanded it at the car wash at 6:30 am. Due to lakes being at 35% capacity, local drought restrictions don't allow for ANY home washing of vehicles in any form.

*Sprayed it outside. In direct sunlight as a matter of fact.

*Sprayed it with a defective HVLP sprayer that's only adjustment was how delicately I operated the trigger.

*Used just plain ol gloss black all surface enamel instead of an automotive type of finish.

*Drove it home before paint was fully dried haha.

All in all I'm tickled with it. Just got to reinstall the D O D G E letters on the hood.
          Took a quick pic before I had to tend to my courtship duties.
          Bucky
          Attached Files

Comment

Good work. Magnificent truck!

Comment

Where there's a will there's a way. Whatever works go for it. I hope you at least wiped it down with wax and grease remover before you painted. That's a big ole truck.

Comment

I use naptha. I'll take some better & more revealing pictures in the future.
                Luckily I have access to ladders & paint equiptment, I'm a housepainter by trade.
                I can spray pretty good. Not much of a bodyman though. I can do bodywork, but am not proficient at it. I can sand/mask/prep nicely too.

Had this not been a truck, I might have taken a more purist route.
                But this rig is made to run 35mph, pushing a giant blade through the snow. When my elderly neighbor lady saw me dry sanding it the other day, she asked if I was trying to "beautify" it haha.

Anyways I'm glad to have some cooperative weather to enjoy piddling on this thing in. Next move is to get some cab clearance lights.

Thanks,
                Bucky

Comment

I am all for trucks that get to be use for their original purpose.

Comment

Working...
                  X