Lawn chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn chair

I am looking for a few lawn chairs like this. I have been having some trouble with my back and I find this chair is very comfortable. It does not seem possible to buy chairs like this anymore. I bought this a long time ago. It has upholstered panels, rather than webbing, and the frame is reasonably sturdy.

Anyone coming to the rally who might have one they were willing to part with?
    Attached Files
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

No chair but

As a long time back pain sufferer I can highly recommend a corny 1980's era stretching video. It's called "stretching with bob". The biggest mistake my former chiropractor made was selling me this video DVD set for 20 bucks. I haven't been back to see him since!

Comment

Gordon,
      THe chair you show looks just like some "boat chairs" that I have seen at West Marine or a similar boat store.
      My father bought some when he had a boat.
      Have you looked online at some of the boating suppliers offerings?

Comment

Maybe search under beach chair. I think its more "marine" related than a typical lawn chair.
        Good luck!
        Bucky

Comment

Thanks to both of you, I will check it out!

Comment

A word to the wise about those chairs. My Dad had 2 of them and they were kept inside and only taken out when needed. One time at a family gathering he sat down in the chair where it was positioned next to the brick wall of the house. Plastic snapped at the hinge point instantly and he banged his head up against the wall pretty hard. Needless to say he doesn't put his chairs to the back of the wall anymore. he's not overweight either and the chair looked fine. Maybe just got brittle from being in the garage.

Comment

Ouch! Thanks for the warning.

Comment

back problems

Gordon, It must be related to our age--After much suffering with back problems this past year, a series of x-rays revealed the cause. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my lower back. My Dr. prescribed ibuprofen and pain liniment.

Doesn't always work and my friends now know when I am in the area. lol

A co-worker advised me of a devise called an inversion table. It is a fulcrum table that tilts back and stretched your back. It needs to be adjusted to your height and weight. This is not something that you would use everyday for long periods of time. I find that 10 min. 2-3 times a week helps me.

Just my 2 cents

BG

Comment

I am in denial about the aging thing....

Thank you for the ideas!

Comment

I also have osteoarthritis in my back and hands as well as sciatica. The pain liniment works well and am also on ibuprofen,tramadol and gabapentin. The thing about good chairs is a very real issue!
                    By the way people know when I am around as well!

Comment

Lawn/Beach chair

I was dropping a couple things of at the thrift store the other day and noticed four old fashioned wooden folding lawn chairs. Actually it was two chairs and two chaises. They were made of Teak and had the old "Abercrombie and Fitch" logo burned into a slat on each one.
                      These are the very chairs that gave the likes of W.C. Fields, Red Skelton, Stan and Ollie and Dagwood Bumstead fits, and entertained an entire generation.
                      I asked the clerk about the chairs expecting an exorbitant price. I walked out with all four having spent only twenty dollars.
                      A&F weren't world famous outfitters for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X