There's danger everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's danger everywhere

Last night I was sitting around the kitchen table with friends playing old songs on our guitars. Mike leaned forward to retune a string, and wouldn't you know it the bloody thing snapped and lacerated his eyelid through to the eyeball. Mike happens to be the only one in the bunch that doesn't wear glasses.
    Life can be very weird at times. Very weird indeed.

Wow..... ouch.

Get him some guitar goggles.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Yowzee!
      Did his cornea get cut too? That is worse than just the eyelid - and thats bad enough.
      My brother was tying down something with bungee cords once, and one of them snapped at its hook and struck him in the eye area, just missing his eyeball but gave him a dark shiner. Very close call. The doctor told him that this was not an unusual injury, that bungee cords are dangerous particularly if you don't wear glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
        Yowzee!
        Did his cornea get cut too? That is worse than just the eyelid - and thats bad enough.
        My brother was tying down something with bungee cords once, and one of them snapped at its hook and struck him in the eye area, just missing his eyeball but gave him a dark shiner. Very close call. The doctor told him that this was not an unusual injury, that bungee cords are dangerous particularly if you don't wear glasses.
        I guess the tip of the string went through the lid and scratched the sclera. Mike said the Doc used some sort of glue on both sites. He's sporting an eye patch now for a few days and then he goes back for a check up.
        It's a weird deal all around because guitar strings usually break at the tuner or the nut, rarely at the bridge like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
          Yowzee!
          The same exact thing happened to my sister's last husband, except he lost the use of his eye. I stopped using bungies awhile ago for loads and switched to straps - mostly because I had a close call myself.

Comment

Working...
          X