Okay Computer gurus, you're up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay Computer gurus, you're up!

I received a couple photos of a vehicle I bought that was damaged in transit.
    The insurance company sent me the pictures, but when I tried to post them or save them they became corrupted.
    The insurance company person who sent me the pictures told me that they control these kinds of photos very carefully and that I would not be able to post or forward them in any case.

My question is A: How do they do that and B: Is there any way around it.
    All I get when I save the image or post it on my Image Event site is a amorphous blob shape.

Any ideas?

I don't believe their assertion. [the file may be corrupted, however]

Email one to me at the contact us link below.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Sent. By the way, Now when I look at the email what used to be pics are now black squares.

Comment

How do you view email? Webmail or an application on your computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          How do you view email? Webmail or an application on your computer?
          I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird.

Comment

Did they send you the pictures as files attached to the e-mail, or as a link to a web page.

They can't really lock it down as a file attachment, but it wouldn't be that hard as a link to a web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
              Did they send you the pictures as files attached to the e-mail, or as a link to a web page.

They can't really lock it down as a file attachment, but it wouldn't be that hard as a link to a web site.
              Gordon and I have discussed this at length. The photos appear to be embedded in, as opposed to attached to the email. Also the photos are no longer visible in the email. There is a statement of sorts within the email stating that the photos are property of XXX insurance and may not be reproduced or distributed without their specific consent.

Comment

To verify the embedded, you opened the email and there was the image. You did not have to open an attachment?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                  To verify the embedded, you opened the email and there was the image. You did not have to open an attachment?
                  correct.

Comment

I don't understand why they believe they have to be so protective of these images.

Comment

If you ever want to copy ANY picture that you are viewing on your computer (in any program) you may do so using a screen capture program.

All operating systems have them inherently. Windows 7 also has the Snipping Tool.

I use a free stand alone product called Capture from AnalogX - you can find it here http://analogx.com/contents/download/system.htm. although you certainly don't need it

The only limitations are that you will be saving an image the size it is seen on your computer, not necessarily the original resolution.

Comment

Working...
                      X