My mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
    BTW Gordon, where was the first picture taken? Is the house still standing? I'd like to find it on GoogleEarth, just to see how much it has changed.

Bucky

I don't know.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Hi Gordon,

I'm awfully sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I know that is difficult. You have my deepest sympathies.

By the way, in that second picture, I think your dad looks like Frank Sinatra.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Gordon.
        My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Gordon,
          My condolences to you on your loss.

The pictures are neat. Do you know if
          that VW was your folks' while they were
          in Germany?

John

Comment

Thank you. Yes, it was.

Comment

My father in law was also in Germany right after the war.
              He was slated to go to Japan as a tail gunner on a B-29, but when Harry Truman dropped the bomb, he was then sent to Germany for post war occupation duty.
              He remarked to me that in the Frankfurt area, the destruction was terrible.
              With the desperate situation there, he said he did not need money; he could trade a pack of cigarettes for housekeeping services and his laundry service, for example.
              The war had destroyed the country, and yet now, look how Germany and Japan have rebounded so much.
              It is amazing what the human spirit can do when under a hospitable and decent government.

Comment

Hi Gordon.
                As if life hadn't already handed you enough to cause grief, now this. I am truly sorry for your loss. She looks like a good mother, knowing in advance how you would love automobiles and trucks, and placing you on one for a picture.
                Best wishes.
                Jerry Henry

Comment

So very sorry to hear of your loss. May she rest in peace!

Dan

Comment

Gordon,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. My sincere condolences to you.

The photographs are real treasures. I don't want to hijack this thread, but thought I would start a new one asking others to share theirs.

Best,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by NNICKB View Post

The photographs are real treasures. I don't want to hijack this thread, but thought I would start a new one asking others to share theirs.

Best,

Nick

That would be great!

Comment

Working...
                      X