Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimmieD

Gentlemen,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you of the passing of JimmieD today April 8th.

It is hard for me to type this news on my keyboard. The old timers on the forum will remember him for his great knowledge of all things automotive.

He was killed in a wreck while driving his Dodge on the winding mountain roads of Northern California.

I will post more details as they become available.

That is sorrowful...

He was good to me when I needed a friend.

Comment

I still had daily email contact with Jim

He was indeed a good man, and I have no doubt as to where he is this morning. He was a true man of God, as he and I had regular discussions concerning many things. He helped me pray through situations may times, he was always available. I am saddened by his passing, he was a good friend I will sorely miss; but I know he is in a place of rejoicing this morning, and I rejoice with him as he has reached his heavenly home for the rest of eternity.

Comment

This is sad news that we've lost Jim

But we can rejoice that he is no longer in pain and has received his heavenly reward. He spent his life going his own way on his terms. God bless Jimmie D

Comment

I am so saddened to learn of this. He was such a large presence, here and in life , I am certain. Such a tragedy.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Very sad news indeed. I will miss his comments.
            Thankyou Longhunter for letting us know of his passing.

Comment

Charles told me about it today when I arrived at the shop. Jimmie was one of those people who will have more presence in death than a lot of people have while still living.

We can all feel grateful for having known him.

Comment

When I first joined the forums, JimmieD & Norm were here daily. I hate to hear this.

Bucky

Comment

I posted the news of Jim's death on a couple other sites we shared in common . I referred them here for updates.

Comment

This was posted by Mopar Norm on Joe C's site

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014, my friend Jim Dardis, was traveling from his Southern Sierra home, where he lived, as a caretaker on my ranch, to his doctor in Lake Isabella. Jim was driving his beloved Dodge Town Wagon, when a woman in a Blazer, came across the double yellow and hit him head-on. Jim was severely injured and airlifted to a hospital where both drivers succumbed to their injuries. In a strange bit of fate, Jim had moved to his home on April 8, 2007.
                    The blazer was completely destroyed, the Cummins powered Dodge Townie had moderate damage but stayed upright.

At my and Paul inNY's urging, Jim had installed the Cummins himself, under a snow covered plastic canopy, in Shasta CA, during a winter of several snow storms and blizzards. Having lost his residence and tired of the cold winters, Jim headed south to thaw in the warmer Southern Sierra's about a 150 miles north of Los Angeles. Jim was a caring and trustworthy friend who never hesitated to go out of his way to offer a helping hand, or a bit of advice or counsel.
                    Having lived alone for most of the last 30 years, Jim was far from a recluse, easily making friends and meeting folks at his church. He was always lending a helping hand to others and he was a fierce missionary for his Lord. My phone has been ringing off the hook for the last two days with calls from his friends and neighbors. His life touched many, many people and as much time as he spent behind the keyboard, he also spent equal time on the phone and in person. Jim loved to interact with folks and he touched the lives of many, many people. Im proud to say he was my friend.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Bob, I was on my way over here when I received your email.
                      Jim will be surely and greatly missed.

Comment

What a shock!
                        I never met him, but we traded emails often enough. He was on my list of people to look up when I make it back to California again. There is no pain where he's at now, though.
                        He will be missed..

Comment

Jimmie was still way up in Northern California when we were
                          traveling the state, otherwise I would've put him on our itenarary.
                          Jimmie put a lot of work into his Town Wagon and he certainly
                          knew his stuff. He was one of a kind..... for sure. Its sad that he's
                          gone. I'm sure the other driver's family is in a world of hurt too...
                          Sad all the way around.
                          John

Comment

JimmieD Followup

Just a Followup to the tragic death of our friend, JimmieD.
                            Those of you who knew Jim, knew he was a private man, with little regard for the intrusion into our lives called the government. That aversion to being on the grid, came back to haunt us and his children, as Jim had not listed any beneficiary for his belongings, guns and bank accounts.
                            Let me take this time to remind any of you how important it is to have a will and your affairs in order, in case the worst happens.
                            Sadly the state took his guns, his truck was impounded and his trailer sealed by the county. His bank account was frozen and the children were basically extorted to pay the government to get Jim's property back.
                            There is a backstory involving Jim and his children who had not seen him in many years and out of respect for Jim's privacy, I'll just say that Jim's Memorial Service was the first time the children had come together over Jim, in many, many years.
                            It was a wonderful reunion, his children would have made him so very proud.
                            However, in addition to dealing with Jim's unexpected death, they are also faced with unexpected costs, burial arrangements and expenses that no one could plan for, such as paying the county to release his guns and getting his property out of his impounded truck.
                            No one should have to deal with this at this time of grief, so I thought it would be a good time for his many friends and fellow Dodgers, to come together in their time of need.

If you feel so inclined to help, with any amount, please send a check to: DTA/Sweptline Products
                            14821 Landerwood Dr.
                            Eastvale, CA 92880

Please write "JimmieD" in the check memo.
                            Some of Jim's fellow Dodge friends have already pledged to help, and these words are from Jim's daughter,

"Oh my goodness...I am speechless...all of you have been so kind, and no words can express the gratitude I have for this help.

I am truly blessed Jim had you as friends.

Thank you and please send my uttermost appreciation to his friends for their help!

I am just so overwhelmed with emotions...I can not say thank you enough!"

Comment

Thanks for the update Norm, I'll be in touch.

Comment

Working...
                              X