Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
    All good thoughts here.
    Agree, what if the sides of the engagement slot were 8" strait up with an added 30 degree flange per side that extend two more inches up? The 30 degree flanges would aid in placing the ballast in the slot - while allowing 8" vertical slot to have a 1/4" clearance for the ballast.

Comment

One option that is a variant of your original idea is this. Make 2 "T" stands. I'd use box tubing and weld on some shorter lengths of angle iron to act as a Guide and keep it in place. Drill holes and use 2 pins with quick pins to hold on. You'd install while it's on the 3 point. Keep gaps at a minimum while making. I'd drill the holes, clamp it on the plate with some shims to keep the gaps right and weld it up. Once welded knock the shims out. Using solid wire is a good option for shimming, easier to get out after welding is done. Quick, simple and foolproof... Which I need most of the time! This design would take up less space while not in use and lighter to lift by hand.

For moving, you're good to go. You already have loops there so just short hook the 2 chains on you buckets outer hooks with the bucket rolled into the position you show in the pic. Lift it and the buckets lower edge will create the wedge/binding point while the chains keep it together. I'm horrible with descriptions so I'll attach a sketch to let you evaluate. Hope this makes sense. Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X