Hog heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hog heaven

I am posting from the America Inn in Fairfield. I've already talked to two truck owners and gone over their great trucks. My rented Altima won't make much of an impression here. Beautiful countryside and great trucks. An added attraction is that this area is crawling with "Prairie" style homes.
    I'm really glad I made the trip.

Well Bob I am envious.

We were paid up and booked at the same hotel for the Rally and were packing up to go but had to cancel due to a family emergency.

Upside is that any more a year goes by like nothing and my boys are growing and taking an interest in The Truck. So we will try for next year. Again.

The flatlands of the Midwest are a well kept secret when it comes to architecture. I think it has something to do with boom times in Chicago during the Golden Age of Building. Unlike California, buildable land is still plentiful, so they don't tear stuff down as soon as they need a new strip mall or something like that. But if you want to see some neat stuff in your back yard, check out Pasadena.

Enjoy the Rally, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by NNICKB View Post
      Well Bob I am envious.

We were paid up and booked at the same hotel for the Rally and were packing up to go but had to cancel due to a family emergency.

Upside is that any more a year goes by like nothing and my boys are growing and taking an interest in The Truck. So we will try for next year. Again.

The flatlands of the Midwest are a well kept secret when it comes to architecture. I think it has something to do with boom times in Chicago during the Golden Age of Building. Unlike California, buildable land is still plentiful, so they don't tear stuff down as soon as they need a new strip mall or something like that. But if you want to see some neat stuff in your back yard, check out Pasadena.

Enjoy the Rally, brother.
      I'm sorry you couldn't make it Nick. I have been able to put faces with some of the names of guys I have traded info with for years and it has been a absolute blast. It's great to see the next couple generations of PW guys with their Dads taking it all in.
      Most of the Green and Green houses are in the Pasadena area and I have visited many of them when they are open to the public on rare occassions. The Gamble house is open to the public year round. We don't have much in the Prairie school in our area.

Comment

It was Great to meet up with you Bob!
        Glad you enjoyed yourself!
        TGP
        WDX & Misc. Pics.
        http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
        "47" Dodge WDX WW
        "52" Dodge M-37 WW
        "54" Willys M38A1
        "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
        "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
        "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
        "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
        "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
        "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
          It was Great to meet up with you Bob!
          Glad you enjoyed yourself!
          TGP
          Same here Tom, I really enjoyed being able to meet you and Clint and Mike H. and Ric and well, more than I can fit in one reply.
          I have only just returned home today, the rest of the journey went better than planned. Not as I had expected but a pleasant result was had.

Bob T.

Comment

Working...
          X