Our trucks next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our trucks next?

DHS seizes vehicles that are over 25 years old because the EPA thinks it allegedly violates EPA emission standards.

They reportedly seized several vehicles across the country. What does this mean for vehicle collectors and enthusiast?

HOMELAND SECURITY AGENTS RAID HOME TO SEIZE LAND ROVER FOR VIOLATION OF EPA REGULATIONS
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Unbelievable! Why the gestapo methods and tactics? What about due process? No notice? Why DHS? This is very alarming, everyone should be concerned about this. Just imagine what else they can do...

Government gone wild. This is proof that elections have consequences.

Comment

Definite over reach. I heard they were all Land Rovers that had been recently imported (the owners thought legally because they were over 25 years old).

They (the DHS) has started to look for other ways to justify their existence, typical mission creep.

Comment

This story may be factual in nature. But the author has left out some inconvenient details. First and foremost is that the EPA has no enforcement agents. They are required to draw upon local or federal law enforcement agents for any tactical support. After checking on this story I find that the agents did not detain or search the persons of the parties involved. Further the "armed" HSA people were therebecause some people are very strange when it comes to their cars, ask any repo-man. The quote from the owner was it was almost like a raid which means it was almost like a visit from the Jehovah's witnesses, frankly I find the HSA less menacing. This is a typical piece of alarmist claptrap blowing an innocuous and routine operation out of proportion. The author is a "journalist" much in the same way that goats can fly.
        It's true that federal agents have overreacted to some situations, but if that was the case here the author would have had made much more use of it than the flimsy inference he submitted.

Comment

EPA's criminal enforcement program was established in 1982 and was granted full law enforcement authority by Congress in 1988. It enforces the nation's laws by investigating cases, collecting evidence, conducting forensic analyses and providing legal guidance to assist in the prosecution of criminal conduct that threatens people's health and the environment. Criminal Enforcement

They have 200 fully authorized federal law enforcement agents.

Did the EPA contact or inform the vehicle owner before bringing in the gestapo? Most banks will notify an owner before sending in the Repo-Man.

Some incomplete/omitted info, yes, everyone does it. The original story did not tell you that the several other vehicles across the nation were all Land Rovers.

But did this story state that the SEALED warrant was in a 4-owner back's name?

My concern is the jump to the extreme enforcement and the over reach/use of the new US Gestapo the DHS.

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

Comment

Good afternoon. I am not positive about all the circumstances but I am under the impression that the seizure of the land rovers centered around the documentation. I believe the vehicles were newer models that had title information altered to say they were 25 year old vehicles. That was the loophole in the import rules that were being bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
              EPA's criminal enforcement program was established in 1982 and was granted full law enforcement authority by Congress in 1988. It enforces the nation's laws by investigating cases, collecting evidence, conducting forensic analyses and providing legal guidance to assist in the prosecution of criminal conduct that threatens people's health and the environment. Criminal Enforcement

They have 200 fully authorized federal law enforcement agents.

Did the EPA contact or inform the vehicle owner before bringing in the gestapo? Most banks will notify an owner before sending in the Repo-Man.

Some incomplete/omitted info, yes, everyone does it. The original story did not tell you that the several other vehicles across the nation were all Land Rovers.

But did this story state that the SEALED warrant was in a 4-owner back's name?

My concern is the jump to the extreme enforcement and the over reach/use of the new US Gestapo the DHS.
              You're right Will, I mis-spoke. The EPA does have authorization for roughly 200 LEO personnel. Even so that makes four per state, but of course the man power they do have is concentrated in urban population centers. I spoke to the friend that told me they had no enforcement agents and he told me that because of attrition, sick leave and vacation they might have more like 100 of actual LEO status agents if they are at full strength. The EPA has to parcel out its budget like any other department. As a result they hire more Lawyers and Scientists than LEO's. Those that they do have are spread pretty thin. I suspect although I can't confirm, that the back up were Customs agents.
              As for the "GESTAPO" I know a lot of feds. Many of them are Jewish and probably wouldn't appreciate being compared to the "Geheime Stats Politzei" as envisioned and in fact controlled by Himmler.
              When you join a federal task force these days as I have in the past, you are given temporary credentials from DHS to avoid jurisdictional hassles. You can't go into New Orleans waving a California badge and expect any cooperation.
              I have no love for the EPA but I have to admit , that as a lawyer heavy organization they are usually very sure of their position before they do anything. That may account for the car changing hands several times before they acted.
              You are right in as much that the media is corrupt . Both the right and the left manipulate news stories to fit their political agendas. And now you have advertising masquerading as news stories on web news feeds.
              At worst though I think this has been an appalling waste of assets to seize a few Grey Market cars that someone managed to sneak past Customs and EPA to begin with.
              I suspect the media are trying to keep people off balance with all this fear mongering so they can shove Hillary up our collective "Jaxies" without getting caught.
              As always though I respect your opinion, even if I don't concur.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the comments, but to be clear my use of Gestapo is in reference to the tactics, not any race or religion. Our society has become way to reliant on someone else and not themselves. The government on all sides always want to be the solution (thus bigger gov.), and these types actions illustrate the lack of common sence and curtious approach that we have lost. Our differences make us strong, we should not be zombies all following one another in lock step, yes your comments are welcomed as well.

God Bless,
                Will

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

Comment

I log onto and read posts on this site every day during my lunch. The reason I like this site is because of people like you. You have a difference of opinions and outlooks but respect each other and don't resort to name calling and such.

Comment

It has been a long time since I read it so I'm no longer certain of the attribution however, I believe Benjamin Disraeli said " Reasonable men may disagree and retain their civility". It seems apt for any debate, but I'm sure there are those who would disagree;-)

Comment

Well said Bob. If we can't have a civil conversation, civilization is doomed.

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

Comment

Working...
                      X