Mopar Norm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar Norm

This morning, almost one year to the day since we said goodbye to Gordon, I learned of the passing of Mopar Norm from a sudden heart attack. Those who have been around the PWA forums for a while will remember that Norm's wit was second to none. And his passion for all things Mopar is unlike any other that I've ever seen. He will be missed. Please remember Tina in your prayers.

Mopar Norm will be missed and his passing brings sadness. Kevin says it well, he will be missed across the MoPar Family and God Bless is Family and Friends.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

When I came here several years back, Norm, JimmieD & Gordon were the most active posters....... and had the wisdom & answers needed.

Sadly this trio has passed.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        When I came here several years back, Norm, JimmieD & Gordon were the most active posters....... and had the wisdom & answers needed.

Sadly this trio has passed.

Bucky
        Heart and soul of this forum.

Comment

My wife & I were fortunate to have met Norm and Tina when we were out in CA a few years ago. Norm was a good man. This is sad news.

John

Comment

A note from JimmieD about Norm..

JimmieD wrote this in response to Norm's decision to shut the Sweptline Forum down. A stirring eulogy before its time.

Norm and Jimmie are up There together, probably modifying a chariot as we read..

Date: April 22, 2012 07:56AM

One of the last things I ever wanted to see here but life has that way all its own.

Just want to say, maybe more to others instead of Norm:

Mopar Norm is probably the finest man I've ever known and can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of the best! I have never in my life had a more valued friendship or known a better man, ever, and do not expect to during the remainder. You guys just wouldn't believe how much he has cared about YOU and YOUR TRUCKS and about the whole Sweptline marque and good old Dodge trucks.

He has fought countless battles for you that you never knew about, waging war against those who would deny your RIGHTS of enjoyment and against those who would trample on your simple pleasures. From California to Washington and even in other countries, Mopar Norm has been there to fight the fight, and has scored countless major victories!

The shame is for those who didn't appreciate it or who only had their own selfish interests at heart. Sad truth is they earned for themselves exactly what they deserved, which is the sum total of their own empty self and the odor thereof. Norm on the other hand will be blessed in unimaginable ways they cannot comprehend as unselfish loving kindness receives it due rewards.

Even towards the end of the 'traditional' Chrysler Coporation 'Mopar Norm' was advising their Board of Directors, trying to help them pull their heads out of their butts and get the company back on track in the right direction again to save it from destruction. He showed them the right way but unfortunately 'Corporate Think' ruled the day, as incompetent people in overwhelming positions failed miserably at a task that was just to big for them, thinking they were oh, so very clever. What a pity they wouldn't listen to the one who actually knew how to handle it and how to put it back together the way it should have been.

This is one very sad day for me and it will not pass. There will always be a huge empty spot in my heart for a time that has now gone by. I thank the Lord for those good things in my life and this little corner of the internet was surely one of the best of them, because Mopar Norm made it so. One of the greatest pleasures of my entire life has been to count this man Mopar Norm as a true friend, a priceless treasure it is.

I'm glad to have known others here as well, who have also added their 'certain something' to my life. It's so strange because this has always been my Homepage, the central hub and always a solid starting point for everything else with each day.

From the bottom of my heart, a huge thanks to you, Norm, for all that you've done, for me and for countless others. It never went unnoticed and it will never ever be forgotten. Good things only come from good things and a good seed planted in time bears much good fruit.

I pray for the richest of blessings to you and yours in every way possible for all of your days and that those things you do see will only bring joys to the eyes of your mind and heart and spirit and nourish your soul in plenty. Your good deeds are counted up and in that day you will receive the richest of Reward for that which you have so very well done.

A fine man, a goodly place and always a most precious memory, thank you again and again. My world just never will be the same now and my tears are a witness...

JimmieD

http://dodgesweptline.org/phorum/rea...1736#msg-11736

Comment

Norm was one of the first guys I got acquainted with when I entered the Powerwagon hobby. He was a font of knowledge on many subjects. As it turned out we had already met professionally as he was a builder and I was in construction equipment.
              We lived less than 20 miles from each other but hardly ever saw each other, we actually spent more face time at rallies than anywhere else. We kept in touch by phone and email and traded urls of funny or useful sites quite often.
              He had a tough time with Jimmie D's passing, His own father was in hospice care at the time with terminal cancer.
              We had been playing phone tag for a while when I received the news that he had passed.
              Several years ago I ceased being surprised by the response "Mopar Norm, sure, I know him."
              He is one of the most respected and loved people I've ever encountered.
              My deepest sympathies are with Tina and her family.

Comment

Sad news indeed. Like Gordon and everyone else on this forum, I only knew the man through electrons. He was a prolific poster, here and elsewhere, AND always knew what he was talking about. Not everyone is both. Had some nice exchanges with him, and sent him a pair of cylinder heads once. Wonder if he was able to use them. Always meant to look him up, but don't get out to the left coast these days. I guess the world as we know it is passing away. RIP Norm. You and your family are in my prayers.

Comment

Over the past few years this community has lost so many that have meant so much to all of us.

It makes a person realize how precious every day is. Love your family, keep in touch with your friends.

Help out where you can, share your knowledge and abilities.

Drive your trucks and take someone for a ride.

Some of the best ways we can help remember all of those we miss, and leave a legacy for when we go.
                  1967 W200.aka.Hank
                  1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                  2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Very well put Matt. There are plenty of people out here to fill those shoes for the next group of Power Wagoneers coming in. Those big shoes are always hard to fill but as Matt is doing now with the Advertiser, difficult as it seems, it can be done. I never met Norm or JimmieD but being on this and Joes page since '95, I always looked forward to seeing what they had to say when their names came up. Roy

Comment

No words.

Comment

Working...
                      X