need power wagon image for sports team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need power wagon image for sports team

I'm sponsoring a local kids soccer team. I need a power wagon Image for the shirts. Bergen County Power Wagons or American Power Wagons seems like a much better team name than Acme Accountants. Anyone with PW images or experience making shirts please advise.

The typical screen printer of any size will have an artist or art staff that would be able to create your art. Simply take some photos of trucks to them.

They could do something that was accurate, or more of a caricature of a truck. They generally do this for free as part of their efforts to get your work. It may be included in what they call a screen charge, and a good screen printer can do this easily and quickly. You would be impressed, I think.

If you are in doubt, have them do the art, tell them that you will hire them if you approve of the art, if you do not, you walk away and the art is theirs.

You can also use photographs and opaque projectors to make illustrations yourself. That is a lot of fun, and is how I have done it in the past.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

the Vintage Power Wagon catalog has a truck picture on page 79. Do you think the printer could use that image? The sponsorship form says "The artwork must be camera ready and is not returnable.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
        the Vintage Power Wagon catalog has a truck picture on page 79. Do you think the printer could use that image? The sponsorship form says "The artwork must be camera ready and is not returnable.
        You manage to ask multiple questions here, which is fine.

The images on the page you mention are from a Dodge truck parts book, and they were not copyrighted by Dodge at the time.

Having said that, I am guessing you don't want that image, rather you want to use that as an example of what this truck looks like, allowing you to share it with the screen printer's art department.

I am not sure what you are meaning by the sponsorship form, and not sure of what significance a sponsorship form may have in our discussion, but I would say that if you have a shirt made to your specifications, you own the art and you own the copyright to it. I would not do business with any screen printer who would not work to those stipulations.

I have had a screen printer tell me that my original art, once received by them, became their property; they wanted me to sign an agreement to that effect.

My response was....

No.

Absolutely not.

I own it.

You can hire them to make your art, they can charge you to make your art, but it was commissioned for you, to use grand language, so you own it. Somehow I don't think the sponsorship form part of this has anything to do with what I am talking about, however.

Am I understanding that you don't have any photos of Power Wagons? Your screen printer must necessarily have a web connection. A google image search would also yield numerous images of Power Wagons.

Am I failing to answer you by misunderstanding you and your questions?

Comment

you're answering my questions fine. sorry for the confusion. The sponsorship form is from the junior soccer league in my home town. The league mails them to local businesses, who usually have a logo; Burger King ,Wendys, or businesses that can be represented by generic images ;tree services, accountants. Some team uniforms only have the company name(boring) . I dont want to sponsor a team called Power Wagons and have the shirts printed with clip art truck images. I may be underestimating the ability of the shirt printer.

Comment

Most screen printers of any size will have a rack with 30-50 shirts showing their art and printing cabilities.

Only the least capable, small screen printer would suggest that you use clip art.

Comment

Our screen printing place did a t-shirt for us using an acutal picture. It was of a guy. It turned out really good. They can do great things with screen printing!!

Good luck!

Jill

Comment

silk screen logos

"camera ready" means a sharp outline image, not a crayon drawing on a
                bar napkin.

most anything that would photo copy clearly would be camera ready.

if your original image is fuzzy, your "camera ready" image WILL ALSO
                BE FUZZY.

you are correct... your image is exactly that... YOUR IMAGE.

we used a specifically created "QUALITY"

Comment

silk screen logos

a "camera ready" image is a sharp, clear image not a crayon drawing
                  on a bar napkin.

a fuzzy copy (something that has been copied or faxed many times)
                  will give you a fuzzy image

i have used our "master" silk screen logo for shirts, coffee mugs, candy jars, legal size clipboards with additional ad messages and have never had a problem.

if you downloaded a PW DRAWING into MS WORD that printed copy
                  would be "camera ready"

good luck, rick

Comment

I'm Disappionted with results

I will have to get more involved in next years uniform. The pee wee team shirts are in, the truck kinda sorta maybe looks like a power giant if you squint. But it gets better,

Bergen County Power Wagons
                    Midland Park N.J.
                    917-584-xxxx

the shirt has my personal cell phone # across the front! All I can do is laugh. Now I know why the person diligently gathering sponsorship info, kept saying "no problem", cause they were going to do what ever they wanted anyway.Did you ever get that feeling the person your talking to has no clue what your talking about but keeps yessing you to death !

Any starving artists out there who I can comission to work on next years uniforms.

Comment

That time of year again

any starving artists looking to make a buck by assisting with our team logo/image. This years truck will be a 74w300uteline, 9 ft bed, white with blue stripe. I will see if i can post a pict of her. capture her likeness but exaggerate the tires and winch. half realistic half cartoon maybe growling at a soccer ball or running one over. I'm sure there's talented people here on these fourms who could use a few bucks and the recognition that comes with having their art work displayed in an Internationally acclaimed publication such as the Power Wagon Advertiser.

Last season we had a perfect record ,didnt win every game, but we went to Friendlys after every game!

Comment

artist found

I've been put in contact with an artist called sillybill. He on the web and has some nice stuff.

Comment

Andrew Asked me to post these pics for him. This is the truck he wants to use for the artwork. Funny, I thought he wanted a Power Wagon! Ha ha ha!
                          Tim
                          Attached Files
                          57 Power Wagon
                          Numerous Power Wagon parts trucks!
                          57 W-100
                          60 W-100
                          51 M37
                          61 Triumph TR-3A
                          80 Triumph Spitfire
                          09 Dodge Ram 2500HD
                          05 Subaru Outback
                          10 speed bike
                          Hiking Boots

Sumus quod sumus

Comment

New Glasses not so good

Tim the genuine plastic license plate clearly reads Power Wagon. Thanks for posting the picts. Does this mean I should cancel the shirt I ordered for you? Lets see what "sillybill" comes up with. See ya at the VT rally buddy.

Comment

Hi Andrew,
                              My bad!
                              Dont cancel the shirt, I will be good. Put me down for a small one too for Claire. (I will buy it from you)
                              Hows Miss Eunice running?
                              Tim
                              57 Power Wagon
                              Numerous Power Wagon parts trucks!
                              57 W-100
                              60 W-100
                              51 M37
                              61 Triumph TR-3A
                              80 Triumph Spitfire
                              09 Dodge Ram 2500HD
                              05 Subaru Outback
                              10 speed bike