Time for a new organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new organization?

There has been a lot of talk here lately on this Forum about a variety subjects. Some not directly related to one another, but all somewhat tied together by a common relation to a bigger subject, that of political correctness.

I believe that the time may now be a ripe to form a new organization. I suggest that we call it - Sensible Types Opposed to Political Correctness Rhetoric from Asinine People.

To shorten it up we could simply use the acronym – STOPCRAP.

Our rally cry could be – Ubiquitous Politically Correct Habits Undermine Civilized Knowledge.

For this we could adopt the acronym – UPCHUCK.

Hey, this may catch on. Maybe we could even gain enough clout to lobby Congress!

I'd rather gain enough lobby to clout Congress.

Comment

Now that...was funny!!!

Comment

Where do I send my dues?

Though it's obvious to many of us, for those who haven't figured it out: politcal correctness = reverse discrimination.

You are not allowed to disagree with one narrow viewpoint but the adherents of that viewpoint have every right to trash your or any other reputation and beliefs into oblivion if it disagrees with theirs.

That is unfair, unconstitutional and discriminatory, regardless of who believes in what.

Comment

Seems to me I posted this once before, but what they heck,

Some don’t want unity; they just want no opposition to their twisted point of view. Politically Correct is a buzzword for censorship. It’s a way to try to censor what they do not want to hear or deal with.

Comment

Probably about 5 years ago, when my mother was in her early 80s I commented to her that she had lived through the best times of this country. She undoubtedly agreed, though she had been through tough times they were also simpler, less troubling times. They were nothing like todays' world is.

Comment

I have the benefit of longevity in my family. I knew all my grandparents as well as three great grandmothers until I was at least a teenager, and later.
              My one great grandmother, who died at age 95 in 1977, one time called in to a radio show in Denver in the mid-seventies. The particular program was of a sort we now call political correctness. The theme if I recall was sort of a rant against all Caucasians and the plight of all people of color particularly in the pre Civil War south, implying that beatings and the like was normal and sort of a sport for the white southerners.
              Anyway, my great grandmother informed the moderator (and listeners) that her father was a confederate veteran, and that at least on their farm, their was no mistreatment of the slaves, who later she explained stayed on to become employees.
              Even in 1977, they could not believe that anyone was still alive that was tied to the Civil War, and she was definitely not politically correct, even then!
              Before anyone flames me, I do not make excuses for slavery, and consider it an abomination and stain on our country :)

Comment

The kid from Brooklyn

check out his web site, some profanity, but some nuggets of truth. His motto is I have the "guts" to say what you think. NOT kid friendly!

Comment

I found the Kid from Brooklyn website on a Yahoo search. His blog is now closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
                    There has been a lot of talk here lately on this Forum about a variety subjects. Some not directly related to one another, but all somewhat tied together by a common relation to a bigger subject, that of political correctness.

I believe that the time may now be a ripe to form a new organization. I suggest that we call it - Sensible Types Opposed to Political Correctness Rhetoric from Asinine People.

To shorten it up we could simply use the acronym – STOPCRAP.

Our rally cry could be – Ubiquitous Politically Correct Habits Undermine Civilized Knowledge.

For this we could adopt the acronym – UPCHUCK.

Hey, this may catch on. Maybe we could even gain enough clout to lobby Congress!
                    Hard to believe it has been five years. Still have not seen any improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
                      Hard to believe it has been five years. Still have not seen any improvement.
                      Unfortunately, I think it will only get worse... :mad:

Comment

Working...
                      X