antique office...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antique office...

I finally have a chair and desk for my 1920's \ 40's office. A friend gave me the chair and I found the desk at a local antique dealer for 200.00.

The chair still needs to be cleaned up and fixed in a few area's but it fits the bill quite well.

For crying out load I forgot to attach the image, who said these computers are smart...
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the front of the desk and the back wall, if you look out the other window you would see the row of power wagons. A very therapeutic view indeed...
      Attached Files

Comment

What , No hat rack? Where are you going to hang your Fedora and your shoulder holster?
        Looks nice though. Are the lamps repro's or originals.

Comment

It does look nice indeed!

Comment

Thanks Guys,
            I missed the Fedora and the gun belt, excellent idea, I'll be working on that right away. Did you notice the popcorn buckets, they have a fedora picture on them.

Comment

Here is the view when I sit at the desk. I should have opened the blinds a little to get a clearer view of the trucks...
              Attached Files

Comment

Bob,
                The lamps are zellars originals for six bucks each.

Comment

Yep, definitely Sam Spade stuff there! If it had a soundtrack I'd expect to hear Bogey mumbling something into the phone...

Comment

Thats good Jimmie...

Comment

Ordinarily, I'd be embarrassed, but...

...this has always seemed a safe place. So I guess I can reveal my central command. The whole deal is about to go into a new office space in the basement, while the present room gets transformed to a second bath and laundry.

I have the distint pleasure doing my paper work on the same desk that my father and grandfather worked at. It was a full blown roll-top complete with pigeon holes and drawers. As the wholesale hardware business expanded, more room was needed for catalogs, dictaphones and telephones, the interior was stripped.

It sustained some water damage in a fire close to 30 years ago. I still have the tambor top but it hasn't been restored yet as well as the first phone and ringer box that was used with the desk. When I move the office, I hope to get that all squared away and have the entire desk and chair be rehabilitated.

Cheers!

C.D.
                      Attached Files
                      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                      1954 Ford 860 tractor
                      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

That is an awsome desk Dave, the family history alone makes it invaluable.
                        Keep us posted on the restoration whenever that takes place. I see the miniature trucks are in their rightful place as well...

Comment

a gift for you

I have an old fashioned desk fan . black metal with a grill/guard that you could fit your fist through. I guess in the old days if you were stupid enough to try and stop the blades with your fingers that was your choice. The fan was in the garage loft when I bought the house. I will check it for model# and mfg dates when I get home. yours for the cost of postage.

Comment

Are you talking to me 74w300utiline?
                            If so I would love to have a fan like that, i've been watching out for one like that.

Comment

Jake and Dave, you both are sickly organized, bordering upon a disorder...ha! ha!
                              I haven't seen two desks that clean since I once organized my office, ....couldn't find anything for two months....= )
                              Nice photos!

Bob, great to see your post! = )

Comment

Working...
                              X