New Workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Workshop

Well, I finally got my shop almost completed. There are still many things left to do, like installing the light fixtures and recepacles for a few. I do have power, but only a couple of power outlets at this time. The shop is 40' wide and 60' long with 12' high side walls. Since I'm on the Texas gulf coast and those nasty hurricanes come about at times I had the shop engineered for 120mph winds as are all doors, light panels and window. I'm still in the process of moving things in as the floor was just sealed last Friday. I plan on moving the M37 in this weekend, but as you can see I did get the bikes and mower in plus few tools. Here's a few pics..

This was taken before the floor was sealed and tire marks removed.

After the floor was sealed (couldn't afford the epoxy).

Good looking building you've got there, what brand building is it? We erected metal buildings from 78-91 but got out of it after my Dad passed away. The only problem I've seen is you can't build a building to big. Enjoy your new shop and I hope you can keep on top of the stuff that seems to acumulate. I went to a section of pallet racking to help with that and it makes a huge difference. I set it for access to both sides.

Comment

The only thing I can see that you did wrong was put it in the wrong end of Texas. I live about 6 hrs away from it! Congratuations! Looks good, those translucent roof panels will really help with visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        Good looking building you've got there, what brand building is it? We erected metal buildings from 78-91 but got out of it after my Dad passed away. The only problem I've seen is you can't build a building to big. Enjoy your new shop and I hope you can keep on top of the stuff that seems to acumulate. I went to a section of pallet racking to help with that and it makes a huge difference. I set it for access to both sides.
        Ron look at the banner at the peak of the rake trim. Metallic Buildings

Comment

Wow Steve you got good eyes!......even with my glasses on looks like a red dot from here.......nice workshop too......Kevin

Comment

aaahhh

the great indoors

Comment

New garage

I like it. I want one..what is the structure on the top of it? just curious.

Comment

bosco's new shop

BOSCO... like Warren, I want one too... nice size and height...it's amazing how much light is gained by the use of the translucent panels...

natural sunlight makes a HUGE difference in a shop or pole barn...changes it from a storage locker to a "living" environment

enjoy it...you have a couple of hundred admirers here

rickt

Comment

New Shop

Your new building is beautiful. It seems to be a great size. All the work looks excellent. Good Luck and may you have many peaceful hours in pursuit of your favorite hobby (dodgism) out there. Jim.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've saved for many a year to have this shop. I put many extra things into the shop and implemented several of the suggestions stated on this forum. Heck, even the wife likes it. Especially since more stuff can be removed from the house and store in this shop.

Originally posted by Warren Watt
                    I like it. I want one..what is the structure on the top of it? just curious.
                    Warren, that's the ridge vent. There's a cable near floor level that allows me to open or close the vent. Here's a pic looking up at the vent.

Originally posted by rickt4498
                    it's amazing how much light is gained by the use of the translucent panels...

natural sunlight makes a HUGE difference in a shop or pole barn...changes it from a storage locker to a "living" environment
                    I was a little hesitate in the beginning about having 6 of those panels installed, but now I love it. I was very surprised at the amount of natural light that comes into the shop. This can really save on the power bill, as these panels will minimize the need for turning on the overhead light fixtures.

Comment

Plus Me

All I can say, WoW! I am planning on adding a couple of those panel to my shed, wish I'd done it 12 years ago when we replaced the roof?
                      Looking good bosco!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Pellock View Post
                        Ron look at the banner at the peak of the rake trim. Metallic Buildings
                        Sweet!
                        I just put up a 95x95 Metallic Building clear span no columns. It's nice to have no columns to work around.

Comment

Good call on the tall side walls. I originally went for a 12' ceiling in mine so I could install a lift, but even without the lift I'm glad I did it. Not only does it make the place seem larger but it provides a ton of extra storage space. Plus you can move large objects around and not worry about whacking the ceiling.

Just remember when you go to wire the place, you can never have too many plugs. I went about every 6' on the walls except where I knew I was going to put work benches where I went every 4'.

Comment

Another BRILLIANT thing you did was the insulation. No need to freeze/sweat your butt off or stay in the house til milder temps come..I've noticed lately alot of us spend alot of time waiting for it to warm up so we can crawl under, take pics, take measurements, rebuilt that stupid carb, or whatever....you no longer have that problem.

Comment

Warren, that's the ridge vent. There's a cable near floor level that allows me to open or close the vent. Here's a pic looking up at the vent.

That is money well spent. That natural air flow will help a great deal as you already know.

Norm - 95x95? WOW. Is that for business or pleasure? Or both? I am thinking you can produce an echo in there........

Comment

Working...
                              X