WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

• Comment

• Here are some better pictures after the fog cleared some and the tape was removed

Comment

• Tonight, I spent most of my time cleaning up the big mess I had created over the last couple of weeks and hauled off the trash cans to our dumpster. But I did get the old shock brackets cut off with the cutting torch and the new tabs welded onto the axle and the cage cross bar. It's going to be a ***** getting those shocks compressed to fit in there.

I'm planning on getting the floor of the cab and the outside part of the roll bar coated in POR 15 tomorrow and work on the passenger side door as well. Tomorrow is the last day of work, then I'm on vacation through the 13th.

Comment

• Breathtaking speed!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

• Today, I washed and prepped the floor of the truck, the outside part of the roll bar and the axle part of the rear differential and got them coated in POR 15 and then a second coat on the outside pieces with Chassis black on the top of it. I also painted the remote reservoirs for the front shocks black and their holders, along with the last few pieces that needed coated like my seat mount and the radiator hold down brackets.
                  Worked some more on the passenger door and need to apply some more filler to get it finished out.

Also measured and marked the first piece of diamond plate aluminum for the bed. Will get it cut out somehow tomorrow.

The cab is ready to get things started on installing stuff in it at this point.

Comment

• Comment

• Funny thing about the sheet of diamond plate, it's 4' x 10' x 1/16". I called a couple of places in Tulsa looking for atleast a 4x8 sheet of it to make the floor of the truck. I called one place and said they would have to check to see if they had any. So I called another place that was just 2 blocks away from that place, they had a 4x10 piece for 130.00 About an hour later the other place called me back and said they had it, that it was 230.00 for a 4x10 sheet. Talk about a slight difference in price from two places within blocks from each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by NakeDiesel View Post
                        Funny thing about the sheet of diamond plate, it's 4' x 10' x 1/16". I called a couple of places in Tulsa looking for atleast a 4x8 sheet of it to make the floor of the truck. I called one place and said they would have to check to see if they had any. So I called another place that was just 2 blocks away from that place, they had a 4x10 piece for 130.00 About an hour later the other place called me back and said they had it, that it was 230.00 for a 4x10 sheet. Talk about a slight difference in price from two places within blocks from each other.
                        Probably the markup after buying it from the first place you called!

Comment

• That's kind of what I was wondering.

Today was spent running errands with just a little bit of time working on the truck. Tried putting one shock on by myself and that didn't work. Will have to get my son to help tomorrow evening. I worked on both doors, beat out the dent on the drivers side and started in with the filler on it. Passenger side is starting to look better, but still needs some work on it.

Comment

• Spent most of the day working out in the shop when I wasn't watching all the fires around us. I will be really glad when we get some rain and puts all these fires out.

So today, while out there, I drilled the holes for the gauges in the dash. Then taped off the floor and touched up the dash where I drilled the holes and some spots I missed from when I painted the cab.

While I was waiting on that to dry, I worked on the doors, sanding them down and then added more filler to them. So I alternated between working on the doors and working on the truck.

Put the gauges in the dash, they still need to be wired. Installed the rear shocks (those were a pain to get compressed and the bolt inserted with the misalignment washers).

Installed the seat belts and the seat. As well as the floor pans for the truck.

Comment

• Comment

• Finished up with the filler on both of the doors today and applied the finish glaze to them. They look much better now. Managed to get both sides of the doors primed, the header to the bed, all 4 pieces of the inner fenders I made and the power wagon emblems. While I was at it, I primed my son's radiator support for his truck as well.

In between doing all of that, I cut out the first piece of flooring for the bed and have it partially installed. I need to put a few more fasteners in to firmly hold it in place. I put the rubber molding in place for the front cowl vent and cut the pieces of welting or whatever it's called, need to figure out how to install it with the split nails to hold it. I had some left over rubber molding for the vent, so I repurposed it to cover the cutouts around the roll bars.

Tomorrow I plan on wet sanding the doors and the other parts and get them painted orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X