• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Spent the day sanding and painting the doors and a few other odds and end while I was at it. My paint gun has been driving me nuts with the drips it was causing on what I'm painting. Think I have finally gotten that taken care of finally. I spent most of the day sanding out the drips that were on the doors and then putting two coats of epoxy on them and then two coats of orange on the top side tonight. After they dry and harden over night, I will flip them over and shoot a coat on the inside tomorrow morning.

Also started bending my brake lines to connect my master cylinder to the lower connections down on the frame to get the brakes working. Should get those finished up tomorrow.

Installed the molding around the front of the cab today, when I was in town picking up the brake lines, I picked up some small screws and used those to install the molding instead of those split nails.

I have the rear fenders primed and ready for the black once I wet sand them. The emblems are primed as well and ready for paint too.

Once I get the doors done and on the truck then I can get started on the rear bed sides. Hoping they won't take a long time, but the way everything else has gone, I'm not betting on it. I have to pick up another gallon of epoxy tomorrow, I've almost used the gallon I had.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Started the day off with painting the inside of the doors and the opposite side of the flat panels I had been painting too. Once they dried, I put them on the truck, had to chase down some new screws for the door handles and then tap the holes to clean them out. Passenger side door shuts good. The driver side still needs some more work. It will shut and latch most of the time, but it's still not 100%.

Started working on both of the bed sides, worked out some of the high spots and started in with filler on the outside portion to give it an overall smooth over. The drivers side is looking good and doesn't need much more work. The passenger side I just started on it, so it will be most of tomorrow working on it to get it finished. Hoping to shoot primer on them tomorrow evening.

Also today, I finished up the brake lines, and put together my air intake. I think it will work out good and also started working on the water lines to the back of the truck.

Comment

• Comment

• I check this thread every day. Thank you for posting, can't wait to see a video of this beast tearing it up!

Comment

• Spent the whole day just sanding on the bed sides. Finally finished both of them and was able to get the back sides primed tonight. Picked up some steel balls where my dad works rebuilding oil pumps and grabbed 4 old ones while visiting him and welded them on the ends of the rolled tops of the bed sides so that they don't fill up with mud.

Tomorrow I plan on getting the outside of the bedsides primed, wet sanded and in color. While waiting on each of those steps, I'm going to work on running the water lines and start working on the front frill section for body work. It won't take a hole lot on it to get it ready. Then all I will like is the hood and the front fenders to do body work on.

Comment

• The bedsides are now painted and will be bolted onto the truck tomorrow. I have the front grill section ready for primer now as well. Going to go over the hood tomorrow and then I can get them primed.

While painting today, I finished up the grill section and worked on other parts of the truck. I installed the door stop arms on both sides. I also painted the front air hood today while painting the bedsides.

I laid out and hooked up most of the passenger side water piping from the engine back. I have it ready to go together for the final install after I get the bedside on that side installed. Then I can mount the radiator permanently.

I really wish we would get some rain, the whole sky around here is just covered in smoke around here.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X