tranny fluid all over the place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04 Diesel View Post
    I am going to try a new fuel filter first, I have 2, one up front and one in the back. I will look and see if the fuel line is ok. I did take the tuck around the block and I think I still have the same tranny leak, what is going on?
    It could be that the bushing in the pump housing is shot and letting the convertor wobble around, causing the leak. Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
      It could be that the bushing in the pump housing is shot and letting the convertor wobble around, causing the leak. Doug
      How do I check for that? Remove the tranny and the front pump?

Comment

I'm afraid so.

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
          I'm afraid so.
          I dont want to do that again, If I do I guess Ill just take the tranny out.

Comment

You lost me some where. How was taking the motor out to fix the freeze plugs going to stop the tranny leak? Did I miss something?

I thought you took the motor out to check the front of the tranny and were just doing the freeze plugs while you had it out?
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
              You lost me some where. How was taking the motor out to fix the freeze plugs going to stop the tranny leak? Did I miss something?

I thought you took the motor out to check the front of the tranny and were just doing the freeze plugs while you had it out?
              I took the motor out too replace the freeze plugs and replace the front seal on the tranny. I replaced the seal and it still leaks.

Comment

OK, Im guessing its the torque converter, I found a guy that is selling two of them, one is a 10 3/4 inch the other is a 11 inch. I don't know what size I have in my truck, witch one is better? Will one lower my rpms? What size do I have in my truck now? He wants $75, price ok?

Comment

Ok, also found a new one that was for a Dodge RV. He is asking $50 What do you guys think? I will not get it yet, I will get mine out first.

Comment

You might want to take your new one to a transmission shop for a flush.
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                      You might want to take your new one to a transmission shop for a flush.
                      Why does a new converter need to be flushed?

Comment

I may have been mistaken, I had the idea you were getting a used one.

oops.... I see you said new. Sorry. :-)

Comment

I may have been mistaken, I had the idea you were getting a used one.

oops.... I see you said new. Sorry. :-)
                          I am looking at used and a new one.

Comment

I would have a used one flushed.

Comment

I would have a used one flushed.
                              How much will a tranny shop charge to do that?

Comment

It depends on the shop, you will have to ask. You don't want to introduce particulate contaminants into your transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X