No announcement yet.

tranny fluid all over the place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I took the tranny and transfer case out today. I looked at the torque converter and I do not see any cracks, now what?

Comment

Sounds like a trip to a good transmission shop for an evaluation. They can bench test it to find a leak and check it out. I wouldn't think it would be that much expense for peace of mind let along the aggravation of pulling the tranny repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        Sounds like a trip to a good transmission shop for an evaluation. They can bench test it to find a leak and check it out. I wouldn't think it would be that much expense for peace of mind let along the aggravation of pulling the tranny repeatedly.

I was thinking about rebuilding it myself, hard to do?

Comment

Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
          It could be that the bushing in the pump housing is shot and letting the convertor wobble around, causing the leak. Doug
          This is correct. Most times the pump bushing or torque converter neck is worn causing the seal leak. A transmission can be complicated, if you're not familiar with their workings, you may do more harm than good. A call or trip to a reputable trans shop is probably in order.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to update you guys, I had the tranny rebuilt and all is good now.

Comment

Working...
            X