Just found this site!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just found this site!!!

Hey guys, I'm a newbi here, I just found this site so I thought I would post a few pics of my 78 Power Wagon that I'm building. The last one with decals, I put those on with the computer to see what they would look like before I had them made, which will be it's finish look. I began this build back in June, the truck started out as a two wheeler and I put the body on a 74 PW chassis. The color is 1970 Sublime Green with two black stripes down the top, outside firewall and will be under the hood as well, inside the cab, inside the bed and will have a rollbar painted and striped to match. It will be a 440 auto truck with a devoriced 205. I still have alot to do to it but I hope to finish it by June or July and then I plan to put a set of Rockwells under sometime by the end of next year.

Welcome Mopar440!

I got a feeling that's going to be one DYN-O-MITE DODGE when you're done! You should be right at home as there's plenty of other Dodge wackos here in Gordon's Zoo ha haha! Thanks for the pics....

JimmieD

Comment

Thanks JimmieD, I appreciate that. Below is a link to pics of the build from start till now. "WARNING" DIALUP BEWARE, PICS COULD BE HEAVY..

http://img237.imageshack.us/gal.php?...rframe1mo7.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the link but I am on dialup and it does get brutal loading pics....might try connecting in the morning and let them load while coffee is brewing haha

Comment

Nice Truck!!!

Nice truck you have there. One of these days I would like to redo my 77 crewcab. I've thought about doing an fuel injection system. Hopefully improve fuel milage and response. If you like to see pic of my truck they are under (my first dodge thread) My kids call it big blue. Welcome to the list. lots of nice people in here!
          Mike

Comment

Thanks Plumber, yeah I saw your truck yesterday when I was checking out other trends. The body looks to be good and straight on it. I thought about going fuel injection on mine but I'm now thinking about just going crazy with it and putting a tunnelram and two 4's on it. I know I won't be passing by any gas stations with that setup, but it'll sure look great on it.

Comment

Keep sending us pic of it! I'll like to see the beast all together. How hard was it to convert an 2wd into an 4wd? Kinda thinking of a project of the same sort. But first need to deside on holley or elderblock fuel injection conversion system for the truck I have now. How much lift did you put under your rig? I would like to do an 5" suspension on mine and fit some 35's under it ,but all in do time. Good luck on your build .
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber View Post
                Keep sending us pic of it! I'll like to see the beast all together. How hard was it to convert an 2wd into an 4wd? Kinda thinking of a project of the same sort. But first need to deside on holley or elderblock fuel injection conversion system for the truck I have now. How much lift did you put under your rig? I would like to do an 5" suspension on mine and fit some 35's under it ,but all in do time. Good luck on your build .
                Mike
                The frame is from a 74 1/2 ton PW. I removed the stock axles and replaced the rear with a GM 1 ton 14 bolt, and the front is a DANA 44 from a 79 3/4 ton Dodge, both stuffed with 4.10 gears. I then removed the stock Dodge full time hubs, and steering knuckles from it and replaced them with GM 3/4 ton 10 bolt hubs and knuckles with new WARN lockouts. The is body simple, it's the same as the 4x4 except for the hump inside which it just bolts in after the hole is cut out, I still have to install it. It has a 3 inch body lift and a 4 inch suspension lift but I'm going to change the front springs to a 6 inch because that 440 is going to weigh it down a little and I want the front about an inch higher than the rear. The tires are 15.5x35-16.5 Super swampers TSL/SX's and the wheels are 16.5x12 Eagle 589's.

Once this built I will drive it for awhile while I start on seperate chassis for it, boxing it in, getting the Rockwells under it with about 18 inches of suspension lift and either 44 inch boggers or 49 inch Irocs on it. I have another transfer case that will be already installed in it with all the new driveline, 4 wheel disc brakes, and hydroassist steering, all in place also. Then all I'll have to do is swap over that body, engine and trans into that new chassis.

I will reuse those axles under it now for a different project that I'm starting on when this one is all done. It will be a yellow and black 78 Macho PW clone. The first two pics is of the 2WD 80 model body that I will use for it that will be mounted on a 4x4 89 Ram chassis I have here just for that. The bottom pic is what it will look like when it's finished. I already have just about everything that I need for it, ALMOST!!

Comment

Originally posted by mopar440 View Post
                  The frame is from a 74 1/2 ton PW. I removed the stock axles and replaced the rear with a GM 1 ton 14 bolt, and the front is a DANA 44 from a 79 3/4 ton Dodge, both stuffed with 4.10 gears.
                  Awesome looking truck!!! I'm on the fence about restoring my 72 W200 which shares the same body as your 74 I believe. I've been focusing a lot on my 60's W200's... After seeing yours... I'm torn!!!!!

Are you sure the front Dana 44 has a 4.10? I thought the front had to be 4.09 if the rear has a 4.10. I believe stock they come that way anyway.

Comment

Yeah, the stock gears were 4.09. I replaced them with aftermarket 4.10 to match the rear that I bought off ebay. The 4.09 would probly have been Ok, It would just keep the slack tight, but when I had it down changing the knuckles and replaced the axle seals, I went ahead and changed the gears too.

I bought the ole 74 just for the frame, it was a running truck but it was rough. When I found the 78 body, work was ready to begin..

Comment

Mopar440,

Where are you located?

I have an identical project going on that i have just started and i could use some help/advise on a few things.

Here is a pic of what i started with.

Wish me luck, I'm new to the whole mopar scene,,,,

Thanks and nice rig , good luck with it.

Kris

Comment

Here is the chassis with out the body. What a chore that was. The sawzall was my best freind that day!

Here is the body that will be going up on it when it's all clean and painted.

Comment

Hey Dam Ram, I'm in northern Alabama. Looks like your getting off to a good start on your project. Ya gotta love those ole MOPARS, Whats your plans on it, what color you painting it? Do you still have those fender flares, are you going to reuse them? I'm interested in buying those from you if you still have them. If you ever have some questions about anything just send me a email and I'll be happy to help ya out.

streetmonster04@yahoo.com

Comment

Hey Dam Ram,

That last Photo looks kind of like mine now. Except mine is on a 4x4 frame.

Throws up sign "Will do almost anything for DODGE PARTS"

This picture was taken before I started to do any work to it. I should take some newer ones and change the image site I use

lol

Comment

Yeah i'll be reuseing the flares. I also will be running 16.5 x 12 wheel mount in pitbull rocker tires 35x14.5x16.5. I'll need the extra protection that they will provide. I actually would like to find another set. These ones are not in the best condition.
                              They are useable but if i can find others in better shape then i won't bother with the time these will need to get them right.

I'm right down south of you in Florida.

Here is a pic of the wheels i'll be running.

Going old school with these.
                              Just won the auction on ebay. $309.00 not to shabby.

As far as a color goes,,, I was going to go with sublime but i guess i can't now :-) Maybe Top Banana

Comment

Working...
                              X