I'm back on the Crispy critter 58 PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crispy Criiter is finished

I wrapped up this project this morning by installing the door panels. Yesterday was the headliner, steering wheel and the punch list of unfinished odds and ends. Two fellow Power Wagon buddies stopped by tonight to inspect my work and gave two thumbs up a piece. All that's needed now is a good bath and load up for Iowa on Tuesday night. I know everyone wants to see pictures but I want the owner to see it in person at the rally. Thanks goes out to those who have helped along the way and to those who have followed this project.

Comment

A bath for you or the truck?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        A bath for you or the truck?
        10,000 comedians out of work and we get you, haha. Just seeing if anyone is paying attention to this thread. By the way the bath is for the truck, I use a shower thank you very much. See in a few.

Comment

Yea, we are here. What is your ETA for Iowa on the 8th?
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

ETA sometime between 1-2 pm depending on traffic and road construction hang ups.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow and be sure to have the camera when you pull in wed. Leaving in the am tues. taking 136 across Ill. Fleabag!!

Comment

You have a safe trip. We'll be running 80 across as usual but haven't decided if I'll head south on 74 or go on to the Quad Cities and down to Fairfield. I've never run that way but can do the other way without looking a map. See you Wednesday.

Comment

Ron
                  Could you post a few pics of Crispy, sort of a consolation prize
                  for staying home this summer
                  Hope everyone had a great time
                  Tom

Comment

Tom I will as soon as I can up load them. I tried to post from pictures taken by others but it didn't work. I can tell you that Crispy Critter won Best of Show at the rally. Terry the owner and I are very pleased.

Comment

Finally got pictures loaded

I got my problems fixed on my computer so I downloaded pictures to my Webshots page http://rides.webshots.com/album/578518720CGpCCv I think this is my one of my best efforts yet next to my own truck. Enjoy the pictures. Terry loves the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                        I got my problems fixed on my computer so I downloaded pictures to my Webshots page http://rides.webshots.com/album/578518720CGpCCv I think this is my one of my best efforts yet next to my own truck. Enjoy the pictures. Terry loves the truck.
                        Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ron checked your pics crispy critter sure looks good in the green and white great job! John

Comment

Thanks guys I was trying to post one picture here but it wouldn't let me. It really looks great in person. I'm glad it turned out like it did. Now I have to come up with a combination for Terry's next 58 a short box W100. Although I told him I'd like a 57, 59 or 60 to work on for a change. I've had more 58's through the shop than any other year. And I have one with a 315 and an automatic waiting it's turn. We're calling it the Ranch Hand.

Comment

Here you go Ron,

Looks quite nice. I prefer the look of 4 headlights, but that is simply a matter of taste. The build quality on that truck looks outstanding. You could never tell by the final product what the truck had been through! Looks great!

Comment

I was never partial to the early single headlight trucks until I got this one painted. I still prefer the dual headlight trucks but this one cleaned up nicely. The DODGE on the front of the hood is all NOS letters having never been mounted. You can read the part numbers on the back of each letter. They came with another truck and were so nice I had to put them on this one. Thanks for posting the picture of Crispy and Stubby at the Fairfield town square. I doubt they'll be together again for a picture. How are you coming along with your project?

Comment

Working...
                                X