w-100 restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ickety View Post

I made one huge mistake and it was paying for this paint job 100% up front now I'm over a barrel waiting and the painter has no incentive to finish

Maybe you should go confiscate some of his equipment and tell you will keep it in protective custody until he is done.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

• Lol I have to be nice Gordon. I know where to find him and the truck is not going anywhere we have many mutual friends and I have lots of business I could have sent his way. Live and learn I guess. It was my fault for being so lax and nice.

Comment

• great news I finally got word there is progress...

im getting off work and hopefully will get to go visit the townie

maybe more pics I think this pic is right after a coat was sprayed i have not seen the paint chip i chose in a while i believe it is a bit lighter than how it looks hard to tell from this photo that was cell phone shot to me. either way new paint and the body work done puts a smile on my face

keeping my fingers crossed tohave it home soon

Comment

• Not to rain on your parade here but was this painted where it sits now? What paint is being used, single stage enamel or base coat clear coat? Just doesn't seem like the best of conditions and I hope he's not charging you much from what I can see. But if you're happy with it that's all that matters.

Comment

• Not single stage.

Comment

• And no it will not be painted in the dirt

Comment

• I will be going there tomorow to snap some more pics and get a better idea of what is going on.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Three coats base still got lots of clear,sand and buff left

Comment

• Last pic was the sample swatch we hit so you can see color in sun, and yes it was painted open air in the dirt. Lol

Comment

• The masking paper on the wheels gave it away that it was painted where it sat. Nice color. I hope it's not getting clear coat in the same place or somebody it going to have a LOT of sanding to do. I find it amazing that there isn't more dirt in the base coat. I would suggest the rims get better masking if you don't want clear on them. Looking forward to the finished product.

Comment

• They wet the floor for a day to keep dust down and then go to town I've seen the cars that come out of this shop and they are amazing. I'm not too concerned with the wheels they are just rollers for now.

I'm not sanding so I'm not sweating it. I got a steal for what I paid on the paint and body you all seen the floors cab/body mounts and fender lips. There was a ton to do on this thing. Lol can't wait to see the dash painted

Comment

• I think I want to put the puppy ad back on the rear of the wagon...

Comment

• Wet

Comment

Working...
                                X