No announcement yet.

58 W100 in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ron, good to hear from you, last postings I read from you, your wife was having medical complications, hope all is well with you?
    The bed is coming...frame is cleaned and coated. I used a product called "Chassis Saver". It looks great, but of course time will tell like with any product. I got some ash from a local sawmill and have it cut and drilled for mounting. I also got new steel strips from Hotkeys. I plan to use the ancient Japanese art of wood burning to preserve the wood, I plan on using this truck to haul if needed. So, scorch......scrub......apply tung oil......mount on truck. Check some YouTube vids if your not familiar with the process. To me it seems fitting to use fire as a finish on a fire truck.

Comment

Sorry, I noticed a typo, .......I got my bed strips at Horkeys .........auto correct got me there.

Comment

I have some pics of the mock-up, but I have hit some sorta wall trying to post them, a wall that was not there two days ago.......can someone direct me for a solution to this?

Comment

My wife is doing much better and planning to attend the Power Wagon rally in June. Sounds like you have a good plan going on your project. It's a matter of time and money with these projects but sometimes if we have one we don't have the other. LOL Hope you get the picture posting straightened out. I haven't been able to post pictures for some time now.

Comment

Good to hear your wife is doing better. Money is always an object! Time is not really an issue for me, I have that, but the weather has been been uncooperative. I know your shop is heated now, but mine is not, so I have a pile of parts stripped ready for prime, bodywork, paint, etc. ​​

Comment

I tried to put a picture on and it won't let me do it either. Too bad, I enjoy seeing people's progress on their trucks. I've been busy working on mine.

Comment

Any idea who we contact about this picture posting problem?

Comment

I have a good idea. I'll check in with the head cheese. I'll let you know.

Comment

To post picture's you have to be a paid Subscriber. Registered users are not permitted that capabiloty.
                    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                    Will
                    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Wellllllll, I did post pics last week, and other paid subscribers are saying they are not able to load pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy41 View Post
                        Wellllllll, I did post pics last week, and other paid subscribers are saying they are not able to load pics?
                        Well,,,,, I won't say the software isn't Glitch proof as we had to do a latest release update earlier in the year, and I know it has some odd quirks. Subscribers who have had issues we have pointed to a post on a step by step how to, as it's done different than in the past software release.

What post were you able to post pictures on?
                        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                        Will
                        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

IMG_20180408_121218-1250x1180.jpg

Comment

I did it!!! I feel like I just gave birth. I have been trying to post a picture for a couple of days now. I win! I googled app for picture resizing and downloaded the first one I saw. I was then able to resize the pic to 40 percent of the original size. Then I could post it. I'm going to try again.

Comment

IMG_20180318_102939537-2099x1181.jpg

Comment

Sweet. Those were before and after pictures of one of my 315's. Sorry for hijacking the thread for a minute there. I truly have been trying to figure out how to post pictures for a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X