Two projects, though similar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickt4498 View Post
    CLINT... i would think that a bucket would pitch too much... when watching a loader move over an uneven surface, they seem to pitch back and forth a lot...

BOBBYMIKE... i guess all the grat ideas ARE invented...
    Aha, the ones I pointed to are for horses though, nobody makes ones to be pulled by tractors! You still have time to put the patent in!

Comment

Gordon,

How about one of those John Deere Gators. There are many different models including a 6x6. Gas and diesel engines are available. They are used on farms and as well as by fire departments. I think they would be safer than pulling a trailer behind a tractor.

Joe

Comment

Gordon, a good friend of mine is up in years and lives on a small farm. Many years ago he lost his leg in a mine explosion.

He uses an old golf cart to get around his property. It has knobby tires and pretty decent clearance, though maybe not enough for what you have in mind. Very smooth riding and easy to get in and out of. Room lot take his wife or grandkids along.

His is gas powered. Electric might be a good choice as well. Batteries are pretty good today, but expensive.

Two wheel vehicles drawn by horses or mules usually have very long draw bars with leather yokes. The animal is basically the "front suspension" and the long bar reduces the moment by the time the shock gets to the seat. A tractor has four unsuspended wheels and a shock to any of them will transmit directly through the hitch. I think your passenger would be in for a rough ride. Leaf springs on the seat or rear axle might help, but you'd need to experiment the the rates. A four wheeled cart might give a better ride, though would be hard to back up.

Keep us posted.

Comment

There are some really good ideas here. I would say I would like to avoid buying more equipment, as fun as such acquisitions might be.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Whatever you get I'd think it needs to have soft,wide,fat ATV type tires. Kinda like what came on the original Honda ATC 3 wheelers back in the 70's...These things ran with about 8psi air...The above mentioned GATOR has nice fat tires but requires a nice fat wallet to acquire.

Comment

Working...
            X