What lies just beyond the door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lies just beyond the door?

Forum visitors are not yet understanding what is beyond the door to the archival forums. I want to offer a sense of scale.

Let's use the M-series forum as an example. Look at the forum counters in the main forum index page. That is the page where you choose which forum you want to examine. To see the main forum index page, go here, and scroll down to the M-series forum

This morning, as I type this, the numbers are 1,349 and 10,513. That means there is a total of 1,349 M-series threads. Those threads contain a total of 10,513 posts.

Next, enter the M-series forum. Observe the archival forum at the top. As I type this it says it contains 1,271 threads containing 9,901 posts.

If you do the math, that tells you there are 78 threads in the forum, and 1,271 threads in the archives. You can read all 1,271 threads if you are a magazine subscriber or premium forum user. If you are not in one of those groups, you can only read 78 of them this morning.

Premium forums users and magazine subscribers enjoy full access to all forum content, and get other benefits and privileges as well.

• Include photos in posts.
    • Use the forum search function.
    • Upload an avatar.
    • Use the forum email system to send emails to other forum users.
    • Gain access to the special forums in the Inner Circle.

Premium user status is $17.50 per year. You pay with a credit card, and the charge is not automatic. You have to choose to renew.

Some sites charge $20 or more to place an ad lasting one year for one truck, with one photo. As a premium user you can post ads for as many trucks as you want, and attach as many photos as you want, all for the annual fee of $17.50.

Magazine subscribers pay $44.75, get everything I have described above, plus they get a monthly magazine. In that sense, the magazine cost them only $27.25 for the only monthly Dodge 4X4 magazine in the world.

The important thing I am asking you to consider is what is beyond the door leading to the archives. In the case of the M-series example listed above, 94% of the forum content is in the archives. When you are researching for your project, your repair, your modification, or your purchase, can you afford not to spend $1.45 per month to get all the information?

By being a subscriber to Power Wagon Advertiser or being a premium forum user you will get 100%, not just 6%. It is a great value.

To learn about subscribing, go here.

To become a premium forum user, first make sure you are registered and logged in, then go here for a link.

Scroll down to where it says Click here to become a premium user.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?
Working...
X