Happy Holidays and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin.

Glad to know you are "back in the saddle," or, rather "still in the saddle." I always enjoy hearing about your life experiences, as there are some parallels with mine. And I do appreciate your intervention when I was giving some thought to selling my poor truck.

It is good to hear your son has turned out so well. The Most Important Thing In Life, I'd say. We have two boys and a girl. I was an expert on parenting until I had my own kids.

You are not the first flatlander to fall in love with the Eastern Mountains. Seems like the Rockies get all the press. There is beauty to be found in all parts of the world to be sure, but there is something about the deep dark woods, steep rolling terrain, and swift canoe streams of the Appalachians that speak to the soul like no other place. It is the natural habitat of many Power Wagons.

I was born and raised in the Appalachians. I can't say I've seen all 2000 miles of them, and have only been to Western NC once or twice. I do know that that area offers the highest elevations in the range, and, I suspect, more moderate temperatures than what we are experiencing right now in the the "Icebox of Pa."

We do hope to venture out to Iowa for the 25th anniversary. By then the grass will be green and the politicians will be gone. Alas, it does not look like the truck will be coming along. Hope to see you, Gordon, and all the other forum members there.

Comment

Originally posted by NNICKB View Post
      Kevin.

Glad to know you are "back in the saddle," or, rather "still in the saddle." I always enjoy hearing about your life experiences, as there are some parallels with mine. And I do appreciate your intervention when I was giving some thought to selling my poor truck.

It is good to hear your son has turned out so well. The Most Important Thing In Life, I'd say. We have two boys and a girl. I was an expert on parenting until I had my own kids.

You are not the first flatlander to fall in love with the Eastern Mountains. Seems like the Rockies get all the press. There is beauty to be found in all parts of the world to be sure, but there is something about the deep dark woods, steep rolling terrain, and swift canoe streams of the Appalachians that speak to the soul like no other place. It is the natural habitat of many Power Wagons.

I was born and raised in the Appalachians. I can't say I've seen all 2000 miles of them, and have only been to Western NC once or twice. I do know that that area offers the highest elevations in the range, and, I suspect, more moderate temperatures than what we are experiencing right now in the the "Icebox of Pa."

We do hope to venture out to Iowa for the 25th anniversary. By then the grass will be green and the politicians will be gone. Alas, it does not look like the truck will be coming along. Hope to see you, Gordon, and all the other forum members there.
      It would be great to have you come!
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
      X