No announcement yet.

New Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the blood test lied, the knee fluid came back with crystals, It's gout. Guess I'll have to change my diet, some.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
      Had my third knee surgery yesterday morning.
      The first two were on my left,now there working on the right.
      to fix a torn meniscus.
      Feels much better now except for the normal soreness,swelling,stiffness following surgery.
      At least the injury pain I had is gone.
      Going to be laying around for a while with my leg elevated,and ice'd to control swelling and clots.
      Will,
      Don't mess with it.
      See an orthopedic surgeon and have a MRI done.
      It is the only way to truly see the joint and cartilage for a proper evaluation..
      Tom
      Tom,
      All the best to you, I am sure it is hard to stay "down" for nearly all of us PW types, but I know you will let it rest and follow Drs orders.
      Will, Tom is right...it might be worthwhile getting an MRI even it if it is better now because at least you will almost surely then know what the problem is and whether a scoping would help or not. Right now it is a puzzle.
      Of course I could make a house call and give you one of my special "shots" haha

Comment

Will,
        After I posted I realized I had missed your last post.
        A diagnosis is good in that it helps them know how to prevent future recurrences or other problems.
        Are they going to put you on allopurinol tablets to help reduce the uric acid?

Comment

Doc Dave,

Not yet, depends on how ofter I get the attacks, and how well I can change my diet. The indomethacin at this strength sure is tough on the stomach.

Will

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
            Doc Dave,

Not yet, depends on how ofter I get the attacks, and how well I can change my diet. The indomethacin at this strength sure is tough on the stomach.

Will
            I thought I had it a few months back but they didn't find any crystals in my knee fluid, and the bloodwork was clear.
            There's a lot of stuff you have to stop eating so I dodged a bullet there.

Did you get the Email I sent you on the trailers?

Good luck with the treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
              Had my third knee surgery yesterday morning.
              The first two were on my left,now there working on the right.
              to fix a torn meniscus.
              Feels much better now except for the normal soreness,swelling,stiffness following surgery.
              At least the injury pain I had is gone.
              Going to be laying around for a while with my leg elevated,and ice'd to control swelling and clots.
              Will,
              Don't mess with it.
              See an orthopedic surgeon and have a MRI done.
              It is the only way to truly see the joint and cartilage for a proper evaluation..
              Tom
              I'm looking down the barrel of a double knee replacement procedure. I need to shed a bit more weight before they'll pull the trigger.
              I've been walking aroung with a couple pellets of buckshot since the seventies and I've always been able to cope.
              What I'm really dreading is the forced inactivity. I know they start phys. therapy almost immediately but he said I won't be able to do much of the stuff I do every day.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
                I'm looking down the barrel of a double knee replacement procedure. I need to shed a bit more weight before they'll pull the trigger.
                I've been walking aroung with a couple pellets of buckshot since the seventies and I've always been able to cope.
                What I'm really dreading is the forced inactivity. I know they start phys. therapy almost immediately but he said I won't be able to do much of the stuff I do every day.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
                A friend of mine recently had both knees replaced. He wishes he had done it sooner. He is very happy. You will do well and be glad you did. The activity will return again!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
                  Did you get the Email I sent you on the trailers?

Good luck with the treatment.
                  Bob,

Yea Thanks. Nice trailers, probably won't act on the trailers at this time.

The knees can be a pain (sorry for the pun), Mom had one replaced but is doing great now. Mine is much much better, with some mussel soreness after no use. The stomach is still my current biggest pain. I sure don't look to the heavily modified diet though. I live for white bread and pork! Sure glad I wasn't a beer drinker, no telling how bad it could have been.

Good luck and success on your knees!

Will

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

Comment