No announcement yet.

Serendipity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear your friends' coveralls are still serving you well.
    I don't climb ladders too well theses days because my knees are shot. I bought a 50 ft. bucket truck at auction which I use for wind mill and radio tower work as needed.
    The biggest problem I had with the windmill was a badger had dug a burrow under the slab. I was worried about him creating a structural problem by his digging underneath. I asked a local about trapping him and relocating. His first suggestion was shooting it but that wouldnt solve the problem and I don't kill what I can't eat.
    Then he suggested putting a speaker face down on the pad over his burrow and cranking up the base. It worked and I packed his burrow full of concrete.
    All in a day's cheese straightening.

Comment

http://huntergathercook.typepad.com/...l-burgers.html

Just in case they return.....

Bon Appetit....
      John

Comment

Very different species of Badger. I seldom see an american badger dead on the road. Conversely, the English/European Badger seems drawn to the roads and they can be seen in great numbers as roadkill.
        In any case I wouldn't want to eat any carrion eater.
        I consider badgers to be a benefit as they have an appetite for scorpions and also chipmonks or ground squirrels. They will kill and eat Rattlers as well.

Comment

Whoops..... I should have added....

"Tongue In Cheek"

John

Comment

Originally posted by Hobcobble View Post
            Whoops..... I should have added....

"Tongue In Cheek"

John
            No Harm done, I thought the link was funny. There are some pretty strange cats in Britain these days. I have seen a recipe for "Fox a' la tarmac" I don't know if there's one for hedgehog though.

Comment

Working...
            X