No announcement yet.

Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my 30th Anniversary Issue of the Power Wagon Advertiser today. The opening story, written by Gordon, was overwhelming. I am so glad I had some, although small, contact with him. I could tell he wasn't really himself, due to the brevity of his writing, but he wrote it in a way that truly amazed me. I won't say any more, because I don't want to anger anyone who hasn't read it yet. But you will know what I mean when you do.
    What a great guy he was.
    JH

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      Nice...... just flat out nice.

Thanks,
      Bucky
      Gordon would have proudly taken his last ride in any one of those trucks.
      I wish I could have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
        I received my 30th Anniversary Issue of the Power Wagon Advertiser today. The opening story, written by Gordon, was overwhelming. I am so glad I had some, although small, contact with him. I could tell he wasn't really himself, due to the brevity of his writing, but he wrote it in a way that truly amazed me. I won't say any more, because I don't want to anger anyone who hasn't read it yet. But you will know what I mean when you do.
        What a great guy he was.
        JH
        I received mine today as well. I will always relish the conversations we had together by email and face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Thompson View Post
          Gordon would have proudly taken his last ride in any one of those trucks.
          I wish I could have been there.
          Gordon did take his last ride in a Power Wagon.

As we rounded a curve on route 151 a little south-west of Cedar Rapids, Gordon's home and reforestation project could bee seen a couple of miles off in the distance, over the rolling Iowa countryside. The long line of trucks and cars, with their headlights on, slowly made the final ride. It felt as if someone else, a bigger presence, had their hand was on the steering wheel - guiding the way. The truck almost seemed to drive itself.

Comment

[QUOTE=Clint Dixon;107268]Gordon did take his last ride in a Power Wagon.

Received the 30th anniversary last night and read it from cover to cover, Gordon will be missed. His articles, wisdom and story telling say it all.

Bob H

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
              Gordon did take his last ride in a Power Wagon.

As we rounded a curve on route 151 a little south-west of Cedar Rapids, Gordon's home and reforestation project could bee seen a couple of miles off in the distance, over the rolling Iowa countryside. The long line of trucks and cars, with their headlights on, slowly made the final ride. It felt as if someone else, a bigger presence, had their hand was on the steering wheel - guiding the way. The truck almost seemed to drive itself.
              Nicely said Clint.

Comment

Musical memories

I found a pretty good tune to play in honor of GM's passing.

Laurie Lewis does it very well, old home style.

It is hard to go all the way through it with out tearing up....

Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDaEjoD0cqM

Comment

Sad Loss

I am very sorry to hear of Gordon's passing from this life. Though I didn't know him, it is obvious that he impacted lives around him for the better. His vision of what these magnificent trucks represent I share, as I am sure many if not all of you here concur. R.I.P. Gordon.

Mark in Texas

Comment

I've been in and out of the PW world for several years now. I never met Gordon, but I looked up to him greatly. He had quite a way with words. This makes me really sad. He'll be missed by many I know.

Comment

Working...
                    X