No announcement yet.

Premium Users & Power Wagon Advertiser subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have an opinion to share on this subject but just in case I get one I am writing so I get the notification of more info in my in box.

Comment

Just A Thought

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      The forum is searchable. I am not clear on your meaning.
      Hey Gordon,
      I simply thought that a CD of most of, or just the best of the PWA might be something to think about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        Hey Gordon,
        I simply thought that a CD of most of, or just the best of the PWA might be something to think about?
        Many people would love to have such CD's. However, that idea simply is not practical financially.

Back issues of many issues are available. To print new versions of out of print issues requires quantities that are not practical. A lot of time and effort would be required to digitize old issues. A significant revenue stream would have to be realized from such a process to make it justifiable.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          Many people would love to have such CD's. However, that idea simply is not practical financially.

Back issues of many issues are available. To print new versions of out of print issues requires quantities that are not practical. A lot of time and effort would be required to digitize old issues. A significant revenue stream would have to be realized from such a process to make it justifiable.
          Gordon,
          I'm not talking about the Magazine, just the Forum, a "Best Of The Forum" CD.

Comment

hey gordon I renewed my subscription

Does that mean i get to post photos sometime soon ?
            I know i need to get some articles off to you . Things are a bit weird around here right now - one of my kids is going into childrens hospital next week for some tests of a lump . kinda hard keeping on top of things .

take care

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              Gordon,
              I'm not talking about the Magazine, just the Forum, a "Best Of The Forum" CD.
              Ohhh. OK.

There is a technological issue with that. Unlike an electronic document from which you could make a searchable .pdf, this forum is not a big document. The posts are part of a database. vBulletin, the forum software retrieves these database records to display. Consequently, there is no way to put the forum on a CD.

A different slant on that, however, is that I am thinking a best of the forums, forum, could be part of the inner circle for suscribers and premium users.

I could look for threads, and perhaps more importanly, users could nominate threads they feel to be valuable and I could move them. This could assemble the critical, growing, important core of the forums content.

What do you think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                I know i need to get some articles off to you . Things are a bit weird around here right now - one of my kids is going into childrens hospital next week for some tests of a lump . kinda hard keeping on top of things .

take care

Bruce
                Do you have your subscriber code entered in your control panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post

take care

Bruce
                  You did have your code entered. You should be all set now for posting pictures.

Having faced several medical problems, I would say that I have a lot of faith in the good folks of the caring medical community. I will be thinking about you.

Comment

Great Idea Gordon...

...on the best of threads as voted on by the faithful addicts of the info displayed on these virtual pages.

Bruce, if I can help in way, please let me know.

Comment

Bruce's Addiction

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      ...on the best of threads as voted on by the faithful addicts of the info displayed on these virtual pages.

Bruce, if I can help in way, please let me know.
                      Sounds like a plan to me as well!
                      Bruce, wish I was closer, we will cross our fingers for the little one!

Comment

Working...
                      X