No announcement yet.

Rookie power wagoner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another picture of my recent trip to pick up power wagon number two. This was after we got a full set of wheels and tires put on and pulled out of the tree line.
    Attached Files

Comment

Update

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
      It is a very complete truck, complete with mechanical governor and rear PTO. It is under going a complete rehabilitation at this time.

We will be selling the original bed sides and tail gate, as well as the rear PTO shafts and belt drive. Just haven't had time to advertise all those components.

The bed sides and tailgate would be ideal for someone who has the skills to restore, rather than replace .

CD
      Just letting you all know, the rear PTO drive shafts, draw bar and belt drive have been sold.

I have gotten a couple inquiries and neglected to update this posting after the sale...my bad!

CD
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
        Just got back from picking up my second power wagon today. I got a tip on this truck a few months ago and it was just too good of a deal to pass up. What you can't see in the picture is that is does have front fenders, hood, radiator and cover, and the grill. I'm not sure of the year because the I.D. tag is missing, so assuming the bed is original to the truck, it's a first series.
        Hi Skyler,
        I just bought a 57 and am trying to figure out if my rear fenders are original. They look like they were hand made as the lip width is not very consistent. They do have the rolled lip underneath though. How do the rear fenders on your two trucks compare? Close up pics would be appreciated.
        Thanks
        John
        Attached Files

Comment

Fastback

Preaction.

Nice Fastback in your pics. Let me know if you come across a nice fixer-upper. I'm looking for one for a father/son restoration project and they're getting tough to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
            It is a very complete truck, complete with mechanical governor and rear PTO. It is under going a complete rehabilitation at this time.

We will be selling the original bed sides and tail gate, as well as the rear PTO shafts and belt drive. Just haven't had time to advertise all those components.

The bed sides and tailgate would be ideal for someone who has the skills to restore, rather than replace .

CD
            If you haven't sold the rear PTO and belt drive I'd be interested....also interested in the governor if you are getting rid of it.

Comment

japlaza

Thanks for contacting me on the rear PTO, but it has been sold. In fact, it is all rebuild and heading to paint.

cd
              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
              1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Do you have pictures of that rebuild in another thread? I'd like to see it. Curious why you didn't keep the rear belt PTO with such a complete truck?
                1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                  Do you have pictures of that rebuild in another thread? I'd like to see it. Curious why you didn't keep the rear belt PTO with such a complete truck?
                  Actually, it was just finished this last weekend. We worked on it for a couple of days over the holidays, and didn't take a single picture...DOH!

The rear belt drive, systemically, did not mesh well with the intended use of the donor truck. It has found a good home, I assure you!

cd
                  1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                  1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                  1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Working...
                  X