X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
    Gordon,
    You are so quaint! ha!ha!
    The exercise bike attached to the generator should help pick up your speed.....= )
    Jim's 50 miles up into the Sierra's and has no choice, is this a question of how far from a DSL switch you are located?
    I just need to get farther along in my remodeling to where it makes sense to run the lines and have the equipment where it will be.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Got it!
      Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Comment

I link at 50.6K-52.6. One of the problems is multiple pictures in a single reply. Takes several minutes to load the whole page as entire page loads instead of post by post. Whatever, it takes well over 5 minutes to load this thread page's pics! Bummer 'cause it's one knockout truck! Ah, tradition, eh Gordon, ha haha...

Comment

Here's alittle clip I threw together last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDQFjZz-Zuo

Comment

JimmieD, users with dialup, or anyone, below is a link to my photo blog with pics from the time I started on the truck up untill the way it looks presently..

There are 108 thumbnails, that may load a little quicker. Then just click one at a time to view... After each image comes up, there is another link to ckick on to view it fullsize if you prefer..

http://img237.imageshack.us/gal.php?...rframe1mo7.jpg

Comment

Have'nt done much to it the last two weeks but I did put the last of the decals on the rear corners. Also put two coats of wax on her, and since I've almost saved up enough funds in my project account for all new NOS weatherstripping, repo 40/20/40 seat covers, carpet, ect. I thought I'd better go ahead and get the stripes layed out and painted on the inside of the cab so I'll be ready for it..

Comment

Since we can only post 3 pics each time, here's 3 more..

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

just saying hi, I found this site looking for some 203 info

Comment

Welcome!!!

Comment

Those are the colors I was thinking of painting my truck. Except without the extra's you put on. That does look nice though. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by 76 power wagon View Post
                          Those are the colors I was thinking of painting my truck. Except without the extra's you put on. That does look nice though. Can't wait to see it finished.
                          Thanks, I hope to have it finished this year. Sometime next year I'm going to install a set of 2 1/2 ton Rockwells under it that I have with a much bigger lift and a set of either 44's or 49's on it..

Comment

Originally posted by mopar440 View Post
                            Thanks, I hope to have it finished this year. Sometime next year I'm going to install a set of 2 1/2 ton Rockwells under it that I have with a much bigger lift and a set of either 44's or 49's on it..
                            How much of a lift does it have on it right now and what size of tires? It looks good.

Comment

Right now it just has 7 inches of lift, (4 suspension and 3 body).. The tires are steel belted 35x15.50x16.5 Super Swamper SX's on 16.5x12 Eagle 589's..

I have another project that I'm going to start on when this one is finished, (going to clone a 78 yellow and black MACHO POWER WAGON). The lift, wheels and tires and axles, thats under this Green truck when replaced with my Rockwells will be going under the Macho clone..

This 2WD body

Into this 4x4 Macho (clone) that will be mounted on a 89 4x4 chassis..

Comment

I'm putting almost all NOS interior pieces back in this truck except for a couple exceptions. I'm waiting for some parts now, and still don't have it all bought yet, but every weekend gets it a little more done..

Since every 70's core support I have is badly rusted on the left bottom under the battery, I decided to use one I have for a 89 Ram..

I bolted the support in place and just hung the fenders on the truck temp, I removed all the lower brackets that bolt to the fender and valance since they don't line up with the 70's pieces.. I then removed the brackets from one of the rusted 70's core supports and installed them in the correct locations making sure that everything lines up perfectly. I also had to lower the center brace that bolted to the center of the valance. Instead of welding everything on I just bolted them on instead. Everything fits perfect.

I still have to rework the headlights and replace the brace that the latch bolts to which I will do this weekend. Then I'll layout the cut lines on the fenders since this will be a tilt frontend, I'll take it all back apart and cut them, cap the ends, do the bodywork and paint..

Here's pics of what was done. There more than three so I'll repost to again to show all...

Comment

Working...
                                X