my new warrwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new warrwagon

bought or i guess buying this from a co-worker for $500 . 1980 powerwagon, 3/4 ton (but it was a D.O.T. truck so it got one ton springs), 4 speed, 360, winch.

i know it got one ton springs under it but im not sure if they put one ton running gear in it. some did and some didnt, i took a couple pics but wasnt gonna crawl under it since it was swarmed with wasps and the goat heads (puncture vine) on the ground.

it was owned by D.O.T. till 91 when bought by the guy im buying it from. the winch works. it has 143,000 original miles, he used it for hunting and hauling wood. it has sat for the last year without being started and fired right up. he has hauled 4 cords of wood in it and hardly squatted it, has 10 ply tires.

i am going to use it as my hunting/wood hauling/play truck.

onto the pics

like i said i didnt crawl under it to see if a "60" was cast into the punkin but there is a "RF"???cast into it. it does have the 3 u-bolts but i know some HD44's had them also.

Comment

couple more pics i took today. the rear hitch is comming off cause it hangs down too low. i am also changing the front bumper around some.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's a lot of truck for $500.... you're a lucky man.
            John

Comment

Cool ride. It sure is a hunk-a-truck for the money. I'd love to have the winch on my '77 M-883. Are you sure the mileage is correct and not 43K original. It looks way too good for 143.
              Good find!
              Craig

Comment

I think 143 but its not at my house yet, he's waiting for the new tags and new title. his dad had it when ge died and now they can't find it

Comment

I think I can make out the 44 in the top picture of the front differential. From the looks of your t-case shifter I believe the shift pattern is consistant with a NP 205.The springs are the main difference between 3/4 & 1 tons of that era. They often shared the same axles,but not always. You got a great deal.

Comment

WAY nice truck. I like the color!
                    But is that an '80 grill? Was thinking that was an early 70's?
                    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

One great truck for a great price!

I couldn't tell by pics but rear axle is probably Dana 60HD used on 'Heavy 3/4 Ton' trucks, some of Dodge's best trucks ever! They also put the HD spring packs on these. Front axles can be heavy duty Dana 44 LBF, with LBF cast into lower right corner of housing.

D-60HD is a Dana 70 rear with Dana 70 axles with Dana 60 R&P carrier. So you get full floating axles, plus the reinforced axle housing but with the more economical to operate D60 carrier. Identified by a heavy reinforcement rib on top of axle, about 1" in front of rear cover, about 1" high by maybe 3/4" wide, running across top of carrier housing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post
                        One great truck for a great price!

I couldn't tell by pics but rear axle is probably Dana 60HD used on 'Heavy 3/4 Ton' trucks, some of Dodge's best trucks ever! They also put the HD spring packs on these. Front axles can be heavy duty Dana 44 LBF, with LBF cast into lower right corner of housing.

D-60HD is a Dana 70 rear with Dana 70 axles with Dana 60 R&P carrier. So you get full floating axles, plus the reinforced axle housing but with the more economical to operate D60 carrier. Identified by a heavy reinforcement rib on top of axle, about 1" in front of rear cover, about 1" high by maybe 3/4" wide, running across top of carrier housing.
                        thanks for the good info. it looked like a RF cast into the lower right corner, probably LBF. what does LBF stand for?

the rear axle is a full floater, not dealing much with the dana 60 rear is a 60 a full floater?

Comment

One thing that I noticed in one of the interior shots is that the gas pedal is a suspended type, not touching the floor as the type used in prior years. Also best I can tell the steering column is the non-tilt type (most if not all with manual trannys came this way). Does the wheel lock when the ignition key is removed? This was a subject of much discussion in an earlier thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                            One thing that I noticed in one of the interior shots is that the gas pedal is a suspended type, not touching the floor as the type used in prior years. Also best I can tell the steering column is the non-tilt type (most if not all with manual trannys came this way). Does the wheel lock when the ignition key is removed? This was a subject of much discussion in an earlier thread.

not sure about the steering column, its not at my house yet since he still needs to clean a few things out and get the new plates for it. if i make it out that way tomorrow i can stop and check for ya.

whats the discussion points about? just the column or the pedals also?

Comment

talked to my co-worker tonight and the registration and tags should be here in the next week or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X