No announcement yet.

getting started 59 w200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie, looks like progress to me. The cleaning is a necessary evil but well worth it in the end. To my knowledge the stock tank is 18 gallons. Don't count that tank out. I had a tank worse than that rebuilt by a Gastank Renu dealer 13 years ago. These are highly sought after tanks. I bet it could be saved and have a lifetime warranty to boot like mine. If you have no need for it I would be interested in it.

Comment

Do they coat the inside and outside?
      I was kicking around putting a bigger tank but I guess its something that could be done even after the truck is done.
      I will keep you in mind if I do part with it Ron.

Comment

I just checked out Gastank Renu it looks pretty good I think I will give them a try.
        Thanks Ron

Comment

Great pictures... Keep up with the good work.

Here's the registration link for the California Power Wagon Rally in Hollister if you are interested..just got posted on the dodgepowerwagon.com site: http://dodgepowerwagon.com/main/events.html#cali

Comment

Originally posted by eddiem View Post
            I just checked out Gastank Renu it looks pretty good I think I will give them a try.
            Thanks Ron
            They did a great job with mine and yes they coat inside and out. Mine needed patched before it was coated. We've had several tanks done now but our local dealer went out of business. I had to send one to a Detroit dealer on the last one. Expect to pay $275+ depending on the condition of your tank.

Comment

There is a place about 3 hours north of me.
              I got the straps loose with a little patience but that's about it for today

Comment

got another cab in pretty good shape some rust on the bottom back of the cab other then that its better then the one off the truck
                Attached Files

Comment

now back to work
                  Attached Files

Comment

last one
                    Attached Files

Comment

What do these things grow on trees out there ? LOL Looks a lot better than the original cab. That rust will be much easier to repair. Must have been a two wheel drive 3 speed truck. It should clean up nicely.

Comment

Don had this one saved.
                        He said the same thing that the rust will be an easy fix for,you guys maybe but for me maybe not lol
                        I am going to try and do it myself with plenty of time and patience's .

Comment

eddie

Did you buy chance buy this 1959 W200 out of the PWA magazine or advertise for sale in there at some point?

I remember in the late 1990's (1997-1998) there was a 1959 W200 V8 push button auto trans, PS & PB, advertised in the PWA for sale out in CA, I recall the ad saying something about rust in the cab floors.

I always wanted to call about the truck, but never got around to it. A few years ago when I was moving I ran across the PWA that it was in and thought I wonder if the phone number in the ad is still good or not?

Nice truck you have there!

Matt

Comment

It could have been Matt.
                            Don Evans was the one who hooked me up with it.
                            It was at Atascadero Calif. 805 area code I believe

Comment

I will have to see if I can dig out the PWA it was in. I am sure that there are not to many trucks out there like yours, I have only seen a few of them.

Matt

Comment

Its also in this book
                                Dodge Power Wagon Photo History [Illustrated] [Paperback]

Monty Montgomery (Author)

Comment

Working...
                                X