Announcement

Collapse

Profile Albums - Check if you have them

Prior to this update/patch, there was an issue which was preventing any private profile albums from being invisible to non-Subscribers. This has now been resolved, but affected albums are still visible to the public.
Please check your profile albums and update any private album's "Set Visible to" field to "Subscribers".
See more
See less

The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are some interesting mods on this Carryall. Aluminum extended grill, fire wall heat shield, tube frame, coil suspension, air to a air intercooler. High pinion dana 60. There is a lot to like on this build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUB...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Comment

• Made a turbo silencer ring and then went on another camping trip. I think the silencer ring works tickety booh, at least my hearing thinks so. There is still a whistle that can be heard through the head phones but my ears do not ring after a trip. Seems to work just fine, I found out after I machined the ring that the new rings are made from aluminum and the old ones where stamped sheet. Seems what I made is darn close to what I tripped over on the internet ......AFTER..........I built this one.
      IMG_0550.jpg

Comment

• oops here is the rest of the story
        Attached Files

Comment

• IMG_0595.jpg
          This meadow is over 6000 ft up the mountain. Not a bad spot to park a WC53 Carryall.

Comment

• Back from a 1200 mile drive in the Carryall. Truck never went over 195 the whole trip. Second fan was never used. I changed the temp guage to an old style analog meter. I tested it before installation and it read 207 degrees when placed in boiling water. I stuck to driving by the tach - pretty much focusing on 2000 rpm on the hills. Lots of stuff happened on the trip, blew a connection during an emergency stop (locked up all the brakes at 50 miles an hour) and still ran over a dog that ran under the truck. This happened in the middle of no where, the owner came buy and said " its not your fault" No clue about the outcome. Things sure change in 50 years - the ice field highway was loaded with tourists and so was the campsites. Got off road a few times and that made for the best camping.

Take care out there
            Bruce

Comment

• Hello everyone!

Just checking in. Been in bitland for a long time and thought I'd see what was going on in truck-world. Looks like Bruce has been having fun.

Truck is -still- running. And leaking in the rain. I need to get this roof project going.

-jim lee

Comment

Working...
              X