No announcement yet.

The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are some interesting mods on this Carryall. Aluminum extended grill, fire wall heat shield, tube frame, coil suspension, air to a air intercooler. High pinion dana 60. There is a lot to like on this build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRUB...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Comment

• Made a turbo silencer ring and then went on another camping trip. I think the silencer ring works tickety booh, at least my hearing thinks so. There is still a whistle that can be heard through the head phones but my ears do not ring after a trip. Seems to work just fine, I found out after I machined the ring that the new rings are made from aluminum and the old ones where stamped sheet. Seems what I made is darn close to what I tripped over on the internet ......AFTER..........I built this one.
      IMG_0550.jpg

Comment

• oops here is the rest of the story
        Attached Files

Comment

• IMG_0595.jpg
          This meadow is over 6000 ft up the mountain. Not a bad spot to park a WC53 Carryall.

Comment

• Back from a 1200 mile drive in the Carryall. Truck never went over 195 the whole trip. Second fan was never used. I changed the temp guage to an old style analog meter. I tested it before installation and it read 207 degrees when placed in boiling water. I stuck to driving by the tach - pretty much focusing on 2000 rpm on the hills. Lots of stuff happened on the trip, blew a connection during an emergency stop (locked up all the brakes at 50 miles an hour) and still ran over a dog that ran under the truck. This happened in the middle of no where, the owner came buy and said " its not your fault" No clue about the outcome. Things sure change in 50 years - the ice field highway was loaded with tourists and so was the campsites. Got off road a few times and that made for the best camping.

Take care out there
            Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X