The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin sticking the 205

For no particular reason I am building my twin stick shifter . If I could get one that fit for 120 bucks I would do so . Problem is the darn thing will cost about 220 by the time it gets to my door. Once I got the twin shifter I would have to modify the thing and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get here . I might as well put the cash into something else I need , like a 1410 dana 60 yoke .
    I have returned to building my sandblast cabinet . I have incentive , I need a cabinet large enough to put a windshield frame or driveshaft in .
    Jake take a gander at some of Henry Moore's sculptures . He invited me to visit him once a long time ago . Unfortunitly I was neither wise or had a mentor that was wise enough to encourage me to go visit him . I thought he was just being polite and that sort of letter was common place . I have never been able to find the letter in any of my stuff . There seems to be a chunk of artwork ,letters and other odds and sods that have gotten mislaid over the years . I do have a copy of the Vancouver Sun that has on the front page one of my really trashy cartoons. Done at night on a construction wall . Why I have that and not the valuable stuff is one of those humourous questions that I never take time to ponder .

All ways with humour

Bruce on the sunny wet coast

Comment

• Hey Bruce,
      Henry moores stuff is probably worth a bit of pocket change these days, Its a little to abstract for my taste but what do I know...
      Do you draw any cartoons with dodge WC's or Power Wagons in them?

Comment

• PW cartoons + post 18000

I have been known to scribble up the odd PW toon . My best work seems to be the doodles that I come up with at staff meetings .

We just hit 18,000 views. My original intent was to come up with an all carryall thread to connect the carryall community . We have had some input from others and this thread has some great pictures but considering how many are out there this thread yet to get rolling . The general trend is to toss off some carryall stuff on some obscure site and then stop posting there or keep it active . A google search will show you what I mean .
        imagine if a majority of the carryall data could be found at one source.
        I can dream .
        Contemplating my tailgate.

Bruce

If you think Henry is abstract I should post a couple of my pieces and really throw you. He has a piece called "knife edge " This is more my style.
        Last edited by Gordon Maney; 05-31-2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• well, sorry about all the delays. more pics added here

http://gallery.mac.com/ltalessi/100129

download what you want/need, and ask questions. ill try and help where i can.... to tired to do much more right now.

Comment

• great photos lee

A tad hard to access but i found a backdoor . For a lark I tried to download one and print it but the process did not work . My rear brakes did not come with the levers to work the parking brake . I do not have the old style parking brake lever either but I want one and what yours looks like is pretty much what I want mine to look like too .
            Great shots . An article on what you did behind the double walled sheet metal should get published. Pretty cool.

Bruce

Comment

• no prob, im running 16 to 18 hour days, 7 days a week trying to catch up on my stuff, my PI work and customer vehicles. about every 3 weeks i take a weekend off. 6 months in miss building my dads house put me behind.

the rear brakes are cadillac calipers bought from www.tsmmfg.com for 320. NEW, not reman, loaded and with arms. note the springs compress instead of stretch.....

the floor pans, firewall and inner walls are doubled. the roof and upper sides in the pass area are going to be double walled too. im cutting the cross supports out to add a luggage rack, and going to mold lexan to make clear runners for the lexan roof.....

i think at some point ill try and sit down and write it all down and send it to whomever is interested. its been a long road, but ive really learned alot. i like the exhaust routing from the GM setup over the dodge, i also like the hydroboost setup from the GM setup. only thing i would change so far is i should have finished before i quit being a cop, or started after. too many life changes at once...

ill say this. a 2 post lift cuts fab time from a MINIMUM of 1/4 to 1/10. im not joking.

Comment

• you need specific larger ones, or i need to attach them here?

Comment

• I am not sure what the problem is

easiest fix would be for you to post them to the thread . For some reason nothing shows up when I try to get one of your jpegs from my desktop to this thread . Most likely it is some simple trick that I do not comprehend . I will try again but exams and other activities leave me little time to fool around with the computer .
                  The last photo showing the truck on the hoist looks like a cover shot to me.
                  I am planning on routing my exhaust in the same manner as yours . I might box the crossmember with some round tubing when I cut the hole . I am looking for an OEM tank that will drop in between the rails and provide clearance for the exhaust .

way cool truck you have there

Bruce

Comment

• ok, well the problem becomes i have to go through and manually resize the pics, then theres size limits. but ill try to automate it... if i can...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• more of dash
                      Attached Files

Comment

• if you need specifics its easier that way too.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

• YES YES YES now we are talking

The pictures look better here than in your album . Must be some trick with the size or some resolution thing. I am not sure what you did but those shots are some of the largest to get posted to this thread and they look excellent . I am off the computer for the night but those shots are great and will help me put a few more hours in on my rig .
                          Thanks I will post a couple of questions regarding your build this week . I really like how the winch is tucked away .

best regards

Bruce

Comment

• Nice Job

Lee, You are making lots of progress. I like the ARB & Battery Box.

Comment

• Making progress

The home made twin shifter works like a charm - needs a bit of finishing.
                              The stock shifter for the intermediate transmission sort of works .
                              The chopped up Ford diesel exhaust is working out . The exhaust is going to be tight in places .
                              I think I have found a gas tank that will work . I am down to a 79 Bronco 25.5 gallon tank or a 96 Jeep cherokee 20 gallon tank . The best looking tank was a Jeep postal truck tank but at only 10 gallons I am not about to install one.

Front shocks - I am looking at some Monroes . I need something that would be 23 in the center and compressed would be less than 17 3/4 extended around 30 . 34685 or 34687 look close. Not sure about any other brands .
                              best regards

Bruce

pictures are in the works and will be up soon

Comment

• Hey mcinfantry,
                                Your truck is looking great, thanks for posting the pictures.
                                C'mon Bruce lets get those pictures up so we can see the progress.
                                I have been so busy with wedding photography, building a spec house and work in general I have had no time to work on my truck at all, I haven't even had time to get on the forum and try to keep up with the latest...

Comment

Working...
                                X