• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool projects tractor12,
    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• What Jake Said

Your works is slick, thats one of the things about PWA, room for everyone & everything!

Comment

• If anyone is interested I have another for sale. I haven't put in PWA yet and may need to. It is going to be up on Midwests site soon

Comment

• Well another baby step, I got the frame out from under the carryall. Biggest problem was that the body was welded to the frame in several places. I kept looking for bolts I had missed. :( now I can cut out the welded in motor and T-case mounts and butchered cross member.

Bruce, did you make your own shock tower or modify an existing one?

Thanks

The fun continues....only gave up a pint of blood today. The mosquitos have been brutal.
          Attached Files

Comment

• You have been busy

Nice to see the frame sitting there like that . I find things seem to go fairly quickly when the body is off . Parts are so much easier to get to .
            The shock towers are from a late model Ford F350 . They are cast and quite tall . I had some older , shorter towers laying around in the shop but I could never get them to fit properly . I wanted to use some of the old style forged units but I may have given my last pair away . I know I had some but they do not seem to be in my parts pile .
            Carryall progress - I rebuilt a stupid cardon joint today . I hate rebuilding the things because the joint is so unwealdly and the only way to rebuild the thing seems to be to install the cross in both halves and then add the caps.
            I still have not found my nicely detailed emergency brake handle.

Take care
            Bruce

You know that a little article about how you pulled the body and what you found as you worked on the pulling the Carryall body would make a good read in PWA magazine. ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by TK064 View Post
              Well another baby step, I got the frame out from under the carryall. Biggest problem was that the body was welded to the frame in several places. I kept looking for bolts I had missed. :( now I can cut out the welded in motor and T-case mounts and butchered cross member.

Bruce, did you make your own shock tower or modify an existing one?

Thanks

The fun continues....only gave up a pint of blood today. The mosquitos have been brutal.
              I see you have two highly qualified supervisors.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

• I hate writing things twice. went to attach pictures and poof

Ok here is the short version .
                I bolted on one of the front fenders , it fits and the tire sits nicely in the fender opening . There is a ton to do under there yet . I bolted up the fender so that I could position the new running boards and look at fabbing some beefier braces .
                The splash apron before trimming for the shock towers . Some welding required .
                The approach angle is great but i will have to lose a bit when i squeeze in the
                12500 lb winch .

take care

Bruce
                Attached Files

Comment

• And a couple more

The front and the tire opening revealed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Man prepping parts is SSSsloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

I spent 3 hours stripping some fenders for paint . Takes about 30 minutes for the inside and another 30 for the outside . Keep in mind the fenders were previously stripped of paint. All I was doing was cleaning the fenders with a right angle die grinder and scotch bright pad . Next I will sand blast a few chassis brackets and paint them too . The only reason I will have a few extra pieces ready for paint is that every time I mix a pot of paint I seem to have a bit left over . This time I want to have no paint left over.
                    Not alot of progress but I am getting in at least one hour a day .

Bruce

Comment

• I hear ya Bruce,
                      one hour a day is allot more than I can do these days, I am considering hiring my neighbor to get some of the mechanical chores done. That way it will feel like the truck is making progress again.
                      Your truck is looking great so far!!!

Comment

• Stuck my hood on today.

Actually I scratched up some body work . I took a block of wood and spanked down a crease in my hood . Straightened a hood support and spent 1/2 an hour sandblasting a bracket . The rust is still not off the bracket , It is that super hard rust that refuses to pop off easily. I also took the center support out of my old window frame and stuck it in my derusting tank . I left it in for the night and will haul it out tomorrow . The darn support is tweaked in the middle . I may or may not get at it tomorrow .
                        So I got another honest hour (more like two ) in on the truck today .

Hey jake check out the 2 cabs in seatle on craigslist .
                        If I had a truck i would be tempted . I have emailed the seller for some pictures .

Comment

• Another baby step

painted some parts on Friday after work . I dropped in today and reattached the two brackets that were originally riveted to the fender . this took about two hors because i had to machine off the square part of a carriage bolt and use it in place of the original rivets . at some point i will use real rivets but that is a few years away . It is a nice feeling to be attaching two parts together and know i do not need to dismantle them out in the future .
                          That is one of the things with a build like this . Some parts can go on and off four to six times before they are put back on for good .

Bruce

Cabs in seatle are sold . Someone got a great deal . Windshield frames looked quite good , toss in the doors and wiper motors and the price was right .

Comment

• I agree Bruce, somebody got some great parts for a great price.
                            I would have jumped on that deal except I have enough parts here to keep me going for the next ten years.
                            I am looking for a front end loader for my B7510 Kubota in case you know of one. They cost new 4000.00 in Canada and 3000.00 just across the line.

Comment

• Test fit of the front fenders

I tossed on the front fenders to check for fit . I need to shim here and there to get the fenders to sit level . The drivers fender sits flat with no adjustment . The passenger fender needs to be shimmed to get it to sit flat .
                              Bouncing all over the place on this thing right now but the purpose of fitting the fenders was to get a location for the running board /skid plate .

If you are going to build one of these things with a dana 60 front axle I would recommend using a high pinion .

Jake if you find a mother load of PW stuff give me a call . We can allways split the cost and resell what we do not need . Very often I can buy a wreck and end up with free parts . What I do sell is below market and usually a good deal for the next guy .
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Been Reading 4 Quite A Bit

WOW Bruce,
                                Your rig has come a long way, I understand the cut/fit/paint/re-assemble. Very time consuming. It's going to be worth it!

Comment

Working...
                                X