Opportunity for character development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warren Watt View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are laid off Gordon. Not being familiar with Iowa, there is only so many words I can offer. I don't know the employment picture there. I could probably take an educated guess though.
    If it helps, maybe the forum users could pass the hat to at least keep some food on the table and in the dog dish. If you are inclined to let us know if that is necessary it would help us respond. Good luck on the search.
    Great picture....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      Thank you for the words of support. I am touched by your concern, yet could not ask for charity. New subscribers to the magazine and premium forum users are always welcome, however! As is the idea of more people writing articles to share with readers.

Just a bit ago I was outside and heard the cry of a bald eagle. I looked up and there were three. Two perched in the top of one of my huge, old cottonwoods, and the other flew on to my other area of trees.

It was a lovely omen, I thought. I have tried to care for the earth here by planting trees and providing habitat. Perhaps they were thanking me and telling me I am not alone.
      Perhaps we are doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        Nor will they pick up after themselves, must be a union thing that they're not alllowed to bend over & pick up wire scraps from the floor, let the painter do it.

If I ever lose it & kill an electrician, it'll be by strangulation with a piece of discarded wire.

Bucky
        Don't blame ya! When I was a kid in construction, the boss always had us carry around a 5 gallon bucket for our tools, and then to pick up after ourselves. If anyone slipped on a piece of discarded conduit rolling under their foot, we'd be fired.

Too many parents don't seem to teach their kids respect for others or themselves nowadays. Gives me all the more incentive to teach my kids better (and makes it easier to make them shine, too!).

Comment

Working...
        X