No announcement yet.

New Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See post 43, lower photo. To the right of what appears to be an electrical enclosure there is a framed opening for a window. Above that is a fascinating bit of framing I don't understand. What is that all about?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gordon: Good catch. I have no clue. But is serves no purpose.

Wayne

Comment

Well, it has been a few weeks since I posted an update. The rough in wiring is done, and the county inspector is happy with the work. Insulation is all in, drywall is delivered and should be installed starting tomorrow. The brick layers have worked seven days. I'm sort of hoping they will work five days this week and get this done before it gets too cold. (well, it never gets that cold in Maryland...) We're on the final run now if the brick gets finished and drywall done by Christmas.

Wayne
        Attached Files

Comment

Wayne,
          The garage is going to be beautiful.
          I have home built machine sheds, and while functional are not aesthetic in the least.
          Nevertheless, I look forward to showing you the farm when you get down to southern Maryland sometime, as well as seeing your garage when it is done.

Comment

Your garage is bigger than my house, probably will be nicer too!

One question though. Looks like an opening for a garage door off back side of the garage which looks to be 8-10' off the ground. What's that for?

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
              Your garage is bigger than my house, probably will be nicer too!

One question though. Looks like an opening for a garage door off back side of the garage which looks to be 8-10' off the ground. What's that for?
              I've been wondering that myself. Why lay brick if it's going to get backfilled? Great looking garage.

Comment

I'm going to guess a set of french or sliding doors and a deck. NICE!
                I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

From the back it looks like the Garage-Mahal.....All it needs is a garden and a reflecting pool :)

Comment

Well...This garage is larger and nicer than the home my wife or I grew up in. We count our blessings every day for a lot of reasons. The side garage door is exactly that, a side garage door. We'll need a bit of backfill or some kind of ramp to make it usable, but it was the only option given the slope of the land.

Wayne

Comment

I think Bill has a plan, a VERY Nice Deck, French doors, alfresco luncheon and great Power Wagon Story Telling deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        I think Bill has a plan, a VERY Nice Deck, French doors, alfresco luncheon and great Power Wagon Story Telling deck.
                        ... and cross flow ventilation! :)

Comment

You all might be right on that back door. There are three garage doors across the front, and on the side there is one garage door. Since the shed is 30 feet deep, we figured we could put a deck out back, or build up with back fill to make a ramp. Possibly use steel like on the agriculture bridges in the woods. One thing for sure, if we did not do it now, it would have never happened in the future. At least now all we have to do is put a board across it to keep the building inspector happy.

Making progress on the brick on drywall, but ran into our first drama today... They were supposed to screw and glue all the drywall, and they did not use any glue... That does not make sense, but tomorrow they get to pull the drywall down and do it right....

Wayne
                          Attached Files

Comment

Screw & Glue!!!

You a had man Wayne, a hard man making the drywallers remove and do it right.
                            Here is the problem as I see it, you did not spell iot out to them.

Ho-Ho-Ho,
                            Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, or Happy Holidays to you and yours. Gotta be correct doncha know,

Bob2

Comment

Bob:

Well, the funny thing is that it is spelled out very clearly, in black and white, in simple talk in the contract. It is pretty much industry standard around here to glue and screw the drywall. Hard to know what they were thinking, but the owner of the company knows his people goofed and he needs to make it right.

Better to do it right now than get frustrated five years down the road and wished we had done it right.

By the end of the project this will only be one tiny blip!

Wayne

Comment

Sounds like a nice use of the rear door, but I would NOT back fill against the brick. Only asking for problems if you do. The steel bridge work to access sounds cool.
                                I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                                Will
                                WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                                1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                                1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                                1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                                2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
                                X