No announcement yet.

New to me 1965 WM300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Im gonna hafta splurge and renew my subscription, I just noticed my signature isnt there anymore with the link to my photo bucket account, so here it is for now

http://s1157.beta.photobucket.com/us...1Power%20Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Ok, Im gonna hafta splurge and renew my subscription, I just noticed my signature isnt there anymore with the link to my photo bucket account, so here it is for now

http://s1157.beta.photobucket.com/us...1Power%20Wagon
      Thanks for the motivators!

Comment

looks like ohio truck

I dont know what vermont vehicles are like, but that definitely looks like an ohio truck! Do you know what part it came from?

Comment

So I am going to start to get this rig going... which means first getting it to stop.
          At this point the truck is wholly unregisterable and I will just use it for a plow truck for me and my neighbor's, recoop a few bucks and try and prove to my wife that it WAS a good buy!
          Ultimately I want to do a dual MC swap, but for the sake of time, thought I would just replace the master with a ROCKAUTO replacement ($70 compared to $149) or maybe a rebuild kit depending upon what it looks like, blow out the lines, and replace all of the brake cylinders from M-Series rebuild.
          Hard brake lines look pretty good, thought I would replace the flex lines while I was at it....hopefully pads and drums are serviceable.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey John I got your message, Il send pics tomorrow to your email.

Nick

Comment

In my last posted pic above, you can vaguely see the brake light relay plugged into the brass T fitting on the frame rail, is that a suitable place for it, or should I move it (a new one) to the BMC?

Comment

Thats where they belong

Comment

What about this:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have seen that picture before and can't remember what Dodge truck manual it's from. " W" series I think,but the brake light switch on the WDX-WM300 goes in the brake line "T" as posted earlier.
                    In fact that photo shows what appears to be the switch with the terminals rotted or broken off the top.
                    My monitor quality is poor, but that's what I think I see.
                    Tom
                    WDX & Misc. Pics.
                    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                    "47" Dodge WDX WW
                    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                    "54" Willys M38A1
                    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Thanks, it was all there but given the "reliability" of these units, it's heading for the bin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Power Steering

Does anyone know anything about this power steering unit?
                        The belt is not hooked up, but there is a split in the copper line in the foreground in the wheel well which may or may not be the only thing wrong with it... doesn't seem like the best use of copper.
                        Anyway, ultimately I'll replace those lines, but was wondering if there was anything to check for in the pump unit under the hood or anything else.
                        Attached Files

Comment

started to get around to some of the "wants" of this truck...
                          What it really wants is that frame in KS that's on the PW Classifieds site right now, but neither the time nor the money right now, unfortunately.
                          Attached Files

Comment

More...the P.O.('s) definitely got their monies worth with the shocks, rust thru and leaking.
                            Attached Files

Comment

There was a crack in the frame just behind the spring bump stops in the rear, they were shot so I pulled them, and did a root pass and 2 cover passes. For as crappy as the frame looks there was still plenty of meat to weld to.
                              On that subject, what does one do to "rehab" the bump stops?

The head on the drain plug in the rear diff was completely stripped also so I employed E-Z Out Technology. A direct hit.
                              Attached Files

Comment

thats good to know theres meat there. lemme know if you need any frame mounts

Comment

Working...
                                X