No announcement yet.

my new warrwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fully welded, then after this picture i finished welding the old mounting holes but dont have a pic of that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
      What motor are you using in the XJ?

= )

yah it has a 4.0L but its the Renix and not a H.O.

Comment

Ha! Ha!
        Necessity is the mother of invention....= )

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
          yah it has a 4.0L but its the Renix and not a H.O.
          That's a 4.2...I'm using the 4.0 Fuel Injection with a few "other" things, like:

"slightly" larger valves, .040 over pistons, a tad healthier 800 rpm cam and some other tid-bits...= )

Comment

yah mine is just a daily driver and ill use it for day trips out fishing, the powerwagon will be used for longer fishing and hunting trips, camping, etc.

if i were to build it up more than im already planning id pick up a H.O. head and put it on the Renix block. suppose to build good power and the renix block is stronger (more nickel or something like that).

BUT for now the extra cash ges into the powerwagon.

Comment

instead of using a rubber grommet and just pushing the heater hose through the firewall i came up with this. just a coupler and two barbed fittings that will smash the firewall between the big washers.

i think i found an orange that closely matches

and here is the piece i am going to use for my new dash (rough cut of course)

other than that it was a day to clean the shop after i got off work.

Comment

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery(sp?).Keep posting,I only live 55 miles from Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
                  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery(sp?).Keep posting,I only live 55 miles from Summit.
                  Huh?? Lol

Comment

got my valve covers, quality looks great except the bolts are too long lol, i contacted the company and am waiting to hear back from them.

also you can see in the background that i installed the barbed fittings for my heater hoses to go through the firewall.

Comment

• Originally posted by smalltowncowboy View Post
                      instead of using a rubber grommet and just pushing the heater hose through the firewall i came up with this. just a coupler and two barbed fittings that will smash the firewall between the big washers.

That is a great idea! Just a thought, I'd add a rubber grommet between the firewall and washers to isolate any potential engine noise from being transmitted through the hose by the metal to metal contact with the firewall.

Comment

• i put a thin coat of RTV in there to seal any water from offroading, should do the same thing.

Comment

• did a little bit of prep work this afternoon, my dad is comming out to help me get the motor back in this week so today i put in the new throw out bearing, cleaned up some more parts, painted some of them.

this thing is a life saver, i have been using it to clean ALOT of parts.

here is the thermostat housing before i cleaned it

Comment

• and after

Comment

• did lots of little things today, or atleast it felt like little things. bolted on the flywheel, clutch, harmonic balancer, mouts for the motor mounts and the motor mounts, then dropped the motor in but we had to clearence the bellhousing. you could see where the flywheel made marks inside the bellhousing when we took it out and it would not fit back in. then i we put the valve covers on but only sealed the passenger side since i still ned to mess with TDC on the drivers side, and put in the thermostat and housing.

we pulled the tub off of my dads jeep yesterday so he brought it out today so i can cut out the rust and weld in new metal.

Comment

• today seemed like one step forward and two steps back. put the headers on to find out i couldnt get the starter on. one of the carb studs had messed up threads so i bought new ones only to get back to the shop and see they are too long. unhooked the power steering pump to put the new one on and broke the high pressure line.

i ended up just taking the headers back and cleaning and installing the stock manifolds. painted them with high temp exhaust paint, yah it probably will just burn off but it looks nice now lol.

my paint booth lol

cleaned up

painted

Comment

Working...
                                X