WTB- '81-'85 W250-W350 Crew Cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's gone!

The white crew pictured in the link in post #25 by Matt is sold....I texted the cell number on the windshield.

Any of you guys hunting the 81-85 crews having any luck?

Bucky

Comment

mattsoldmopars

I'm just outside {east} of Calgary,[Strathmore].
      If the weather stays decent in Apr, I might jump on the bike and go check out a clean clubcab in Greatfalls Mt,instead of waiting for a crew. I keep dipping into my truck fund for other stuff and it is shrinking....DOH !

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        The white crew pictured in the link in post #25 by Matt is sold....I texted the cell number on the windshield. Bucky
        Bucky, I would not give up on it yet,, it may still be on the area??

Here is the shortest version of a true story. A several years ago I had my eye on a 1958 W-series truck I wanted pretty bad, sitting in the back of a soon to be crushed junk yard. The owner of the yard could not sell anything from the yard. I told the guy I would haul the truck out of there and give him triple what scrap price was paying. He said the yard was shut down by the state and he could not sell anything, the state had recorded all the vin #'s and all the cars and trucks were to be crushed!!

I was very sad to know that the truck was going to be sent to China. I took some good pictures of the truck, and wrote the vin # down from the door tag, and left with tears in my eyes almost.

4 years go by and a guy stop's by my old yard, telling me about a old dodge he had and needed some parts for it. I went over to look at his truck and basically fell over when I saw the truck. It was this same truck from the crushed yard, I didn't need to look at the vin # it had some pretty unusual signage on the doors. It turns out this guy knew the owner better then I did, and saved it from the crusher a few minutes before it's life was over. The owner of the yard had been thrown in Jail for it and a few other cars he saved, for contempt of court and not following a court order.

Long story short I Now own this truck and I am very happy,, it was saved!!

So, track that truck down like a Dog, it may still be able to be bought!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyp View Post
          I'm just outside {east} of Calgary,[Strathmore].
          If the weather stays decent in Apr, I might jump on the bike and go check out a clean clubcab in Greatfalls Mt,instead of waiting for a crew. I keep dipping into my truck fund for other stuff and it is shrinking....DOH !
          Andy, I have always heard Calgary is area. Last summer I went through there at 2 a.m. in the morning on my way to Clyde AB. I stopped at a Flying J truck stop in Calgary fueled up and hit the road again. Wish I had more time to look around the area!! On the flip side of that trip I went back through Calgary at 12:30 a.m. so I didn't get to see much then either.

Maybe this April I will have more time??

Comment

Originally posted by mattsoldmopars View Post
            Andy, I have always heard Calgary is area. Last summer I went through there at 2 a.m. in the morning on my way to Clyde AB. I stopped at a Flying J truck stop in Calgary fueled up and hit the road again. Wish I had more time to look around the area!! On the flip side of that trip I went back through Calgary at 12:30 a.m. so I didn't get to see much then either.

Maybe this April I will have more time??
            my schedule is a little kooky but drop me a line when up, here might be able to meet for coffee.
            andypiche at live.ca
            @

Comment

Well, I put a down payment on an '83 Dodge W350 Crew. I am going to pick her up next weekend. I can't wait!!!! She is pretty clean, just a little surface rust. As soon as I get my hands on it I will post pics.

I was planning on getting a diesel club cab and modifying a crew cab to fit the club cab chasis. But I just couldn't let this crew cab go. So now I will have to save up a a little to find cummins donor!

Thanks for the help guys! I will keep an eye out for some more crews.

Mac

Comment

Was just cruising around the GSA auction site and came across this one.....

Year: 1978

Make: Dodge

Model: D250

Vin: W26BE8S247819
                MILEAGE: 20908 1978 DODGE D250 UTILITY TRUCK, 3/4 TON, 4X4, AT, 08 CYL, GAS, VIN:W26BE8S247819, EST MI:20908, (1243N70011AR71) REPAIRS REQUIRED, INOPERABLE, VARIOUS PARTS MISSING OR BROKEN, MUST BE TOWED, POOR CONDITION, ANY ADDITIONAL MECHANICAL, BODY, EXTERIOR/INTERIOR DEFICIENCIES IS UNKNOWN, BIDDERS ARE URGED TO INSPECT OR CALL PRIOR TO BIDDING. AG0002422428
                THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.

Current bid $50!!

Comment

Thanks, off hand do you know where its located?

I spy a Dana 60 front!!!

I got a feeling this thread is gonna grow some.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks, off hand do you know where its located?

I spy a Dana 60 front!!!

I got a feeling this thread is gonna grow some.

Bucky
                    I believe it was AR

I tried to direct link it but it kept saying it was timed out.

Comment

another 81-85 crew on craigslist

Originally posted by BigMac View Post
                      With my '99 Dodge sold, I am officially on the hunt. I am looking for a 1981-85 Dodge Crew Cab 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4. Need it to be drivable, body condition is negotiable, but no basket cases.

Thanks for any help,

Mac
                      http://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/1643931579.html

Here's an ad on CL without any pics. Says 4x4 & priced at $1850

Kinda far from you though.

Bucky

Comment

Is Brainerd in TX?

That baby poop green/yellow "D250" is in
                        Arkansas Forestry CommissionSale YardP. O. Box 10Greenbrier, AR 72058Contact: Randy PoguePhone: 501-679-3186 Fax: 501-679-3500RANDY.POGUE@ARKANSAS.GOV

All the way up to $205 now...

As soon as one pops up in my area - hands off! :)
                        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

http://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/1643931579.html

Here's an ad on CL without any pics. Says 4x4 & priced at $1850

Kinda far from you though.

Bucky
                          I think Big Mac finally got his. He's on the prowl for a diesel donor now.
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                            I think Big Mac finally got his. He's on the prowl for a diesel donor now.
                            Cool, I figured since it was originally his thread I should post that truck here.

Brainerd is in Minnesota.

There are tons of old Dodges at that Ark. Forestry yard in Greenbrier. I even looked at a googleearth shot. They have acres of junk back up into the woods. I'd love to tour that lot.

I am tempted to bid on that Lime green crew there. But long distance "auctions" scare me. I don't mind buying outright long distance, but bidding is risky, especially on a non-runner missing pieces.

Bucky

Comment

Between me and dad we've bought 3 M37s and 3 M880s through Gov't surplus auctions but that was back in the day of real live auctions :(

Some are trash, some just need very minor stuff but there is no way of knowing unless you lay eyes on them. I passed up a '72 step side crew about 10 years ago and I kick myself every time I think of it... At the time we were looking for M37s. It was close to cherry - body wise anyway :(

I bought my '92 CTD off ebay from Arkansas. Bought a one way ticket, flew in and drove her home but thats a long trip with a trailer to drag a crew cab back, for me anyway...
                              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

another 70's W crew on CL

http://montana.craigslist.org/pts/1642934839.html

Here's maybe the best deal yet......but as it is with all things I seem to try & find, over a thousand miles away.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                                X