Originally posted by 712edf View Post
    a W600 bucket truck
    Sounds like a BEAST, have any pictures?
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Why couldn't I have found this months ago?

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
      Sounds like a BEAST, have any pictures?
      her's the link.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1715490066.html

I actually could use this for work.

Bucky

Comment

80's crew 4x4 in wyoming on Atrader

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Here's an 80's crew 4x4 hidden under "ram pick-up" on autotrader. Located in Wyoming.

I'm get desperate enough now to say that I'd be tempted if it were alot closer. 70's crews have proven to be hard to find, whether D or W series.

Bucky

Comment

70's crews have proven to be hard to find, whether D or W series.

Bucky
          I have seen quite a few 70's CC for sale on the net. since this thread has started. I found one within 70 miles of your house with a for sale sign in the front window and a phone number,, I dont think that they are hard to find at All!!

You just have to be willing to go get one, when you find it. Big deal it is 600-1000 miles away, talk to the owner, ask lots of ??????????????'s and get in plane fly out and drive it home, have done that many a times and have not been burned yet, just ask lots of ???????'s and get more pics. You can tell a lot about a truck or person when talking to them on the phone, not email or texting. If all else fails, find one of the many guys on this forum or other forums that live near by and have them go look at it for you. Get it Done.

I just spotted TWO 1977/1978 Crew cabs yesterday for sale in small town in Nebraska, both looked fresh right out of the fire dept.

I thought for a second, maybe I should stop and get a few pics and a phone # for that Bucky/712edf (or whatever his name is??) but then I thought NO I better not take the time,, he will find some reason not to buy one of them, to far away, dont like the color (red), want one with a auto trans, not manual trans, need to get some other truck home first, they are both short beds, and I want a long bed one, there is two of them for sale, and I only want one, there is a holiday right around the corner so I better not buy one just yet,,, ETC,,, ETC,,,

Matt,

Comment

Originally posted by mattsoldmopars View Post
            I have seen quite a few 70's CC for sale on the net. since this thread has started. I found one within 70 miles of your house with a for sale sign in the front window and a phone number,, I dont think that they are hard to find at All!!

You just have to be willing to go get one, when you find it. Big deal it is 600-1000 miles away, talk to the owner, ask lots of ??????????????'s and get in plane fly out and drive it home, have done that many a times and have not been burned yet, just ask lots of ???????'s and get more pics. You can tell a lot about a truck or person when talking to them on the phone, not email or texting. If all else fails, find one of the many guys on this forum or other forums that live near by and have them go look at it for you. Get it Done.

I just spotted TWO 1977/1978 Crew cabs yesterday for sale in small town in Nebraska, both looked fresh right out of the fire dept.

I thought for a second, maybe I should stop and get a few pics and a phone # for that Bucky/712edf (or whatever his name is??) but then I thought NO I better not take the time,, he will find some reason not to buy one of them, to far away, dont like the color (red), want one with a auto trans, not manual trans, need to get some other truck home first, they are both short beds, and I want a long bed one, there is two of them for sale, and I only want one, there is a holiday right around the corner so I better not buy one just yet,,, ETC,,, ETC,,,
            Wow Matt, I must have rubbed you raw somehow, sorry!

First thing the truck that you found that was 70 miles from me was sold. I did talk to the seller, its gone! I have not located it. I do make calls & talk to sellers. I do get pictures emailed to me. But it is a big deal for me to drive/fly 600-1000 miles to "look at" a prospect. Not so much an issue if I am certain of the purchase. Did that just last month on an unrelated vehicle. Drove there, bought it, going back to get it.

I post trucks here that I think others may be interested in, not because I am too picky. I don't know how to take your last paragraph. As humor, sarcasm or an attempt to insult me.

I do appreciate the trucks/links/information that you & the others here have put up on this board.

Bucky

Comment

No worries, just take it as humor, and a little bit sarcasm. Just a little crabby today, somehow I must have had pee-pee in my Wheaties for breakfast this morning. Sorry if I came across the wrong way. But I did think about you yesterday for a second when I saw them two 70's CC sitting there. I dont need anymore trucks right now, I have way to many sitting here, more then you could imagine.

This is totally unrelated,, I would have liked to have bought the lockout hubs off of that Yellow mid-60's W500 in Okla. (with no glass) I talked to the guy and he said he would sell them to me, I said fine let me know where to send the $$ then he emailed me saying he sold the whole truck. I am glad someone is going to save the truck, and not part it out. I just thought if it is going to the crusher I mine as well buy the hubs before it goes to China. I have since picked up a set (only they are on a whole truck also) so I am fine for now.

No worries!!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                her's the link.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1715490066.html

I actually could use this for work.

Bucky
                Now that is cool. Not sure what I would use it for though - patching my barn roof?

What line of work you in?
                2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Here is a 1976 Crew on ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Crew-...item27b2185c6b

Mac

Comment

looks good

wonder what it looks like in daylight?

Comment

Other Sources :)

Good Day!

Have been looking casually for a crew cab Power wagon for awhile - found this thread very interesting. Looks like you've all found www.gsaauctions.gov - here are a couple of others.

www.govdeals.com

pretty sure you've all seen www.govliquidation.com, too - in case you've not been there in awhile - you can get interesting stuff that may help with sheet metal or conversions - example:
                      http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

Aircraft tug :) Diesel engine and short box with (likely) a Dana 70 axle in rear.

lastly - http://www.govsales.gov/html/index.htm links to most of these sites, but I do on occasion still stumble across yet another govt agency that has propped up one of their own :)

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                        wonder what it looks like in daylight?
                        I was kind of wondering that too, lol!

Comment

Bucky

I found yet another Crew-Cab the other day while out running around the countryside!!

Matt

Comment

They made a crew cab long box, here's a pic of my 1979 D200. It was a railroad truck at one time, I also have a 1972 W200 Powerwagon crew short box.

I know where one other crew long box is but not sure if its original or not

Comment

That thing is long enough to be a train, no wonder it was owned by the rail road!

What are your plans?

Thats not new snow is it???
                              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                                That thing is long enough to be a train, no wonder it was owned by the rail road!

What are your plans?

Thats not new snow is it???
                                Here's a link to what I'm doing to it, have to read for a while to you get to the part where I changed my mind haha

No its not new snow, from February. I live in Sask so we get snow 3-4 months a year. Bloody hot here now 32-37 celcious. about 90-100* farenheit.
                                http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/cu...onversion.html

Comment

Working...
                                X