No announcement yet.

WTB- '81-'85 W250-W350 Crew Cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the hunt for a crewcab as well.I did find an 85 locally.Rust free but no motor,tranny,or front clip,Interior trashed.Cheap but I really want a turn key,I have far too many projects already.Still deciding if i'll go ahead with this truck or wait for one more in the condition I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbodhi View Post
      I'm on the hunt for a crewcab as well.I did find an 85 locally.Rust free but no motor,tranny,or front clip,Interior trashed.Cheap but I really want a turn key,I have far too many projects already.Still deciding if i'll go ahead with this truck or wait for one more in the condition I want.
      There are about a 1/2 dozen crews for sale on www.gsaauctions.gov

from 1969 into the 80's.

All seem to be in Missoula, Montana & painted bright yellow. May not be "turn key" though.

Bucky

Comment

Yeah,saw those.Problem is my discretionary spending?Crewcab funds at the moment top out at 1,600.Shipping alone would eat that up.From the auctions iv'e seen they normally want it gone within a week or so.I was considering calling around to storage facilities in Montana to rent one and then calling a tow service to take the truck from the auction site to the storage facility.Come January i'm getting a profit sharing check as well as performance bonus so I can ship it at that time or if I skip on those i'll have the funds to look for something in earnest.We'll see how it shakes out.

Comment

heres a 85 W350 Crew on ebay....
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_975

Comment

Madbodhi, I live in Bozeman, MT, about 200 miles from Missoula. My parents have a farm where I store all my wrecks, oops I mean projects! I would be willing to go to Missoula and pick up a truck for you and store it until you can get it. All I would want would be fuel there and back - no storage fee. Let me know - Matt 406.580.3591

Comment

Matt,That is a very generous offer,thank you.I'll give you a call this weekend.My names Marten.I put a bid in so I guess we'll wait and see.

Comment

Good luck Madbodhi, I'd hate to see all those crew cabs go to a non-mopar lover. There must be 10 or 12! Wish I was closer...

And that '69 W300 was pretty cool too.
                1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Well,I didnt win the bidding war ): I would however like to once again thank Matt for the very generous offer.It's so rare these days for anyone to step up for a friend nevermind a complete stranger.There is good news on the Crew cab front for me though.I talked the guy with the 85 W350 crew cab sans motor,tranny and front clip down to $900 so im receiving it Sunday (: If anyone in the area is interested I heard of a crewcab for sale out near Columbus on a farm.No idea as to year,condition or price. I can go hunt it down and get pics and a price.

Comment

No thanks necessary! I figure there are only a few of us crazies out there, so we may as well look out for each other. Best of luck with your truck when you do get one, Matt.

Comment

What did they end up going for? There's a guy near here on Craigslist trying to re-sell one. I contacted him but he said I'd have to haul it!
                      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I bid on three, didn't get anything. Really wanted the 69 but didnt really have the time to drive down there so didn't bid very high

Comment

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11060017

Surely this is in someone's neck of the woods?

Not too far from you 712edf? Relatively speaking that is, I know Texas is BIG...
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                            http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/a...71QSCI11060017

Surely this is in someone's neck of the woods?

Not too far from you 712edf? Relatively speaking that is, I know Texas is BIG...
                            454 miles between Wichita Falls, Tx & Woodworth, La

Thanks for posting that KRB64. I just checked GSA last week and there weren't any crews there. I will investigate & bid.

Bucky

Comment

Let us know how it goes.

BTW - I get email alerts when they've added trucks to the site, that way I don't have to keep searching every so often.

Have you figured out how to check that site and see the final selling price? I've never been able to tell what things actually sold for.
                              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Since I haven't won anything there, I haven't seen the winning bid on vehicles either that I didn't bid on.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                                X